Tired of using Vericlock for your attendance and time tracking needs?
Vericlock is an easy-to-use time-tracking app that’ll allow your employees to clock in and out from any device. It also lets you see your employees’ location with GPS tracking functionality.
And while the Vericlock pricing is attractive, the time clock software has some serious drawbacks.
For example, Vericlock limits you to only time and attendance tracking. It doesn’t give you information on the web pages employees visit, apps they use, or their mouse activity during work hours. This makes it pretty ineffective when it comes to productivity monitoring.
In this article, we’ve selected and reviewed the 7 best Vericlock alternatives that can track your employees’ work activities and enhance their productivity. We covered their key features, pricing, and customer reviews to help you make informed purchase decisions.
This article contains:
(click on the links to jump to a section)
The 7 best Vericlock alternatives (including key features, pricing and customer ratings)
The 7 Best Vericlock Alternatives In 2020
Curious to find the best time-tracking app for you?
Let’s dive straight in starting with…
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an all-in-one time tracking solution that can suit your business needs no matter the size of your company or the industry you’re in.
For example, Time Doctor is used by large companies, like Verizon, as well as by SMBs, like Thrive Market, to skyrocket their employee productivity.
Time Doctor is of great help when it comes to:
- Tracking employee productivity and idle time.
- Tracking and recording billable hours for client projects.
- Real-time reporting that provides accurate insights on employee productivity.
- Payroll management that’s possible with the powerful payroll integration feature.
- Identifying the websites and apps each employee used during work hours.
- Tracking time on the go with a powerful Android mobile app.
Here’s a quick look at some features that make Time Doctor the ideal Vericlock alternative:
A. Easy Time Tracking
Time tracking has never been as simple as this!
To start tracking time in Time Doctor’s manual mode, you just have to:
- Download the Time Doctor app.
- Sign in.
- Enter your task and assigned project.
- Click the Start button to track time.
With a time clock running in the background, you get to focus on the tasks that are assigned to you.
And when you feel like taking a break, all you have to do is hit the Stop button and the time tracker will pause until you’re ready to get back to work.
Note: Time Doctor also lets you track time automatically for maximum ease of use.
B. Idle Time Tracker
Apart from tracking time, Time Doctor helps you see when your employees are inactive or idle.
Time Doctor monitors an employee’s idle minute/second to determine their idle time.
An idle minute/second is a minute/second when there’s no mouse, or keyboard activity.
If there’s at least one mouse movement, click or keystroke, during this time period, the minute/second won’t be counted as idle. employees’
This is reflected in the reports you get, and you can estimate the productivity levels of your employees over time.
Note: To protect the privacy of your employees, Time Doctor does not record what keystrokes and clicks are made. It only determines whether there is any mouse or keyboard activity.
C. Productivity Ratings
Every business owner and manager wants an accurate look at employee productivity.
And that’s exactly why Time Doctor allows you to see their web and app usage during their work hours.
How does that work?
Time Doctor lets you mark each website or app with 4 different Productivity Ratings:
This way, you can configure work-related websites/apps as productive and social media, gaming platforms, or news websites as unproductive.
You can then see how much time your employees spend on productive compared to unproductive sites/apps. Now, you’ll have more accurate information on how your employees utilize their work hours.
D. Convenient Report System
Time Doctor generates a variety of reports that can help you analyze your employee time usage.
The reports include:
- Activity Summary Report: this report is available only to admins/ managers and shows how much time each employee spends on specific activities.
- Hours Tracked Report: displays the hours your employee spends working for the day, week, or the month.
- Productivity Report: shows you the productive/unproductive time of each employee based on the Productivity Ratings.
- Projects & Tasks Report: see how much time an employee spends on a given project/task.
- Timeline Report: view the total time tracked, the time spent on each task, and the time off your employees take in between.
- Timeline (Detailed) Report: a detailed version of the Timeline report which shows details like the start and end times of each task.
- Web & App Usage Report: displays how much time is spent on a specific website or app.
E. Screencasts (Optional)
Time Doctor can record short videos and take screenshots of your employees’ screens with its Screencasts feature.
This feature gives you another way of monitoring your employees’ online time usage and productivity. You can see whether they access unproductive websites and apps, or sites that violate company policies, helping you hold them accountable.
Moreover, when there’s a system error, the videos can help your IT support team see what went wrong. This allows them to quickly fix the problem (especially useful for remote teams as the support team can’t physically check a member’s system).
Note: Time Doctor lets you delete/blur screenshots with sensitive data to protect employee privacy. It can also only take screenshots when the timer is running – not during their free time.
F. Client Access
Time Doctor lets you invite clients into your Time Doctor account to see the Projects & Tasks Reports without viewing other time tracking details.
Setting up a client account is free, and you can do it by:
- Clicking on the Invite tab on your dashboard.
- Enter your client’s email address and select Access level: “Client”.
- Enable/disable “Allow seeing screencasts”.
- Select which groups of employees your client can see.
- Select from multiple projects that your client can see.
This feature allows you to control the degree of visibility your clients are granted when you invite them to the platform.
Time Doctor makes employee payroll management a breeze.
To set up the Payroll Management feature in Time Doctor, just do the following:
- Go to Company Settings and enable Payroll.
- Enable integrated payment methods like PayPal or TransferWise.
- Select which users to include in the payroll.
- Select date range for the payroll.
- Select preferred currency for each user.
- Enter pay rate for each user.
- Select payment method.
You can also export the payroll as a CSV file, which you can directly upload to the payment platform of your choice or for manual payment.
- Easy time tracking with a user-friendly interface.
- Productivity Ratings feature lets you categorize sites/apps as productive or unproductive.
- A variety of reports that help track productivity accurately.
- Screenshots of your employees’ screens show you how employees spend their time during work hours.
- Create projects and assign them from Time Doctor for better workforce management.
- Ability to connect Time Doctor’s API to other applications.
- Option to add clients to Time Doctor and customize what they can access.
- Powerful payroll integration that helps you pay your employees in a few clicks.
- A mobile app for Android mobile devices lets you access Time Doctor from any location.
- Choose between silent and interactive time tracking modes.
- Offline and online time tracking support.
- Robust Google Chrome extension for added flexibility.
- Active customer service team.
- Powerful integrations with several project management software, like Asana, Jira, and ClickUp.
Time Doctor comes in 3 pricing plans:
- Basic: $7/user per month – includes time tracking + task management + unlimited screenshots + activity tracking.
- Standard: $10/user per month – includes all “Basic” features + payroll + more than 40 integrations.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes all “Standard” features + client login access + video screen captures.
- Getapp: 4.5/5 (300+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.3/5 (100+ user reviews)
TSheets is an employee management software with GPS tracking, invoicing and payroll functionality. But the software lacks some key features like integrations with popular project management software like Trello and Jira.
- Intuitive user interface makes time tracking easy.
- Great customer support service and FAQ base.
- A mobile app with GPS tracking functionality for off-site employees.
- Real-time project tracking helps estimate task deadlines.
- Integrates with tools like QuickBooks and Dropbox.
TSheets has 2 different pricing plans:
- Premium: $8/user per month + $20 base fee per month – includes time tracking + location tracking + real-time reports + mobile app + Quickbooks integration.
- Elite: $10/user per month + $40 base fee per month – includes all “Premium” features + project management + timesheet signatures + geofencing.
- Getapp: 4.7/5 (5000+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (1000+ user reviews)
Toggl is an easy-to-use time clock software that gives you reports on your productivity and time spent on each task. However, Toggl doesn’t offer advanced features like payroll, invoicing and employee scheduling.
Read our in-depth review of Toggl here.
- Intuitive interface allows your team to navigate the app with ease.
- Track productivity with the help of daily, weekly, and monthly email reports.
- Set project estimates to see if you progress adequately to the preset deadline.
- Automated email alerts let you know if you’re on track to finish a task.
- Available as a mobile app for both Android and iPhone devices.
Toggl has 3 pricing plans:
- Starter: $10/user per month – includes time tracking + real-time reporting + project timelines and budget tracking.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes everything in “Starter” + project management + email reports + tracking reminders.
- Enterprise: contact Toggl for custom pricing – includes everything in “Premium” + expert training and support.
- Getapp: 4.6/5 (1000+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (1000+ user reviews)
Timesheets.com is a cloud-based time tracking solution that’s best suited for small businesses. It’s a great time & attendance management software that can also track your project timelines for billable hours.
However, the timesheet editing feature is more restrictive compared to other time management software.
- Accurate GPS tracking feature lets you see where exactly your employees are working from.
- Simplified payroll processing with a robust payroll integration feature.
- Easy mobile time tracking when your employees clock in from their smartphones.
- Tracking of different measurements like billable projects, activities and expenses.
- Generates useful reports and analytics that help increase employee productivity.
Timesheets.com offers 3 pricing options:
- Freelancer: Free – includes time tracking of single users like freelancers and project-based employees.
- Standard: $4.50/ user per month – includes time tracking of up to 500 users + customer support + expense reports.
- Nonprofit: $3.60/ user per month — discounted version of “Standard” for different nonprofit organizations.
- Getapp: 4.7/5 (600+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.1/5 (400+ user reviews)
5. Buddy Punch
Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time tracking software that helps see your employees’ time cards and GPS location. However, the scheduling features of the app are only available in the premium plan.
- Categorize employee time as regular, overtime, or double time.
- Supports identity confirmation from your mobile device through a face recognition feature on the mobile app version.
- Seamless integrations with other apps like Quickbooks, ADP, and Paylocity.
- Ease of use when it comes to time card approvals.
- An intuitive interface reduces the onboarding time for your employees.
Buddy Punch is available in 3 pricing plans:
- Time and Attendance: $25/month – includes automatic overtime calculations + timecard approvals + reporting and payroll integration.
- Time and Attendance + Scheduling: $35/month – includes everything in “Time and Attendance” + schedule notifications + schedule-based automatic clocking.
- Custom pricing: for over 200 employees.
- Getapp: 4.8/5 (500+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.8/5 (50+ user reviews)
OnTheClock is a time tracking software that allows you to generate time cards through the payroll feature and see your employees’ activities when clocked in.
However, the reporting on payroll is still limited to the basics and lacks advanced features like payroll outsourcing and a self-service portal.
- A mobile app version lets you track the GPS location and IP address from which employees log in.
- See all your employees’ punches and activities from one dashboard.
- An offline tracking option.
- Payroll integration helps track the vacation/sick leave schedule of each employee.
- Set schedules of employees and change their shifts with ease.
OnTheClock offers flexible pricing based on the number of employees. The time tracking app is free for 1–2 employees and ranges between $2.20-2.50/ user per month for 3–400 employees.
- Getapp: 4.7/5 (400+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.5/5 (10+ user reviews)
UltiPro is an advanced HCM (human capital management) tool that offers payroll, time management and human resources functionalities. However, as UltiPro is more of a workforce software, it only has basic timekeeping features.
- A powerful HR software that tracks employees benefits and employment history.
- Supports activity tracking, overtime requests, and automatic scheduling.
- Manage talent acquisition and candidate selection process.
- Robust onboarding features helps new employees adapt to their new job roles.
- Payroll integration system allows for easy payroll processing and calculations.
Contact the software vendor for a quote-based pricing plan.
- Getapp: 4.1/5 (900+ user reviews)
- G2: 4.2/5 (1000+ user reviews)
Time tracking is a great way to see how your employees utilize their working hours and help them be more productive.
If you just want a simple time tracking tool that just records the work time of your employees, Vericlock might do the job.
But if you’re searching for a powerful software that offers tons of useful features, one of the 7 Vericlock alternatives we covered here would be a better choice.
And if you want an all-in-one productivity tracking and payroll processing software that’s compatible with your favorite project management tools, Time Doctor could be the perfect fit for you!
So why not sign up today and give your team an instant productivity boost