Searching for some great Tymeshift alternatives?
Tymeshift is a workforce management (WFM) and time tracking software built exclusively for Zendesk.
However, it isn’t the best tool out there.
For example, Tymeshift can only be used as a WFM tool for Zendesk — you can’t use it with other popular project management tools like Jira or Trello. This severely limits Tymeshift’s flexibility when it comes to employee productivity management.
In this article, we’ll highlight the 10 best Tymeshift alternatives available right now. We’ll also cover their key features, pricing and ratings to help you compare each software and decide what’s right for your needs.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- 10 Best Tymeshift Alternatives (includes key features, pricing, customer ratings)
Let’s get started.
The 10 Best Tymeshift Alternatives In 2020
Here’s a detailed look at the ten best Tymeshift alternatives that you can go for:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an excellent time tracking and employee productivity software that’s used by corporates like Ericsson and Verizon, as well as by a small business, like Thrive Market, to boost their employees’ productivity and time management.
Time Doctor helps you:
- Track employee time for a project manually or automatically.
- Keep your team actively engaged while working.
- See which websites and apps they used during work hours.
- Pay employees based on the hours worked or on a fixed basis.
- Share productivity reports directly with clients.
- Monitor productivity across a range of software like Zendesk and Jira.
Here’s a breakdown of some key features that Time Doctor has in store for you:
A. Simple Time Tracking
Time Doctor makes tracking employee time for any project or task extremely easy.
To get started, just download and install the Time Doctor desktop app.
Then, sign in with your credentials and follow this process to track time manually:
- Create a task (choose a project if there is one).
- Click on the Start button to start tracking time for the created task.
You can do your work as usual and if you want to take a break or stop working, all you need to do is click on the Stop button and the timer stops tracking time.
Note: Admins/managers can also enable Time Doctor’s automatic time tracking feature for added flexibility.
B. Advanced Performance Reports
Time Doctor offers several powerful reports that provide actionable insights into your team’s performance and productivity.
Here’s a quick overview of some of these reports:
- Activity Summary Report: Splits the tracked time based on activity levels as active, unproductive, manual and mobile. This report can only be accessed by managers/admins.
- Hours Tracked Report: Displays the hours tracked by a user within a selected period (per day, per week, or for any date range).
- Projects & Tasks Report: Breaks down the time spent on each task or project by an employee.
- Productivity Report: Calculates the productive and unproductive time for each user based on Productivity Ratings.
- Timeline Report: Shows a chronological breakdown of a user’s tracked work hours.
- Web and App Usage Report: Displays the time spent on each website and application during work hours.
C. Client Access
With Time Doctor’s Client Access feature, you can invite clients into your Time Doctor account to view the Project and Tasks Reports for their projects. This saves you from the trouble of exporting and sharing the report every time.
You can even customize what your clients can view.
For example, you can select which projects and employees they get to see.
This way, it becomes easier to keep your clients involved in the projects without compromising your privacy.
D. Payroll Management
Time Doctor helps generate accurate payroll for any employee at any point of time. This helps you pay them according to the hours worked on a project or a fixed basis easily.
How does the payroll feature work?
- Enable payroll in the Company Settings.
- Choose the payment method: PayPal or Wise, formerly TransferWise.
- Enter payroll details like date range, payment currency, pay rate.
- Export the CSV files and upload them to your payment app for batch payments.
E. Productivity Ratings
Time Doctor rates each website or application as follows:
Admins/managers can customize these productivity ratings for any website/application and apply it across your entire company, team, or even individual employees.
For example, you could rate ClickUp or Asana as productive and rate social media websites like Facebook as unproductive and so on.
This gives you a more accurate measure of productivity for each employee as you’ll know if they’re spending time on productive sites and apps or not.
F. Screencasts (Optional)
Time Doctor’s Screencasts feature lets you monitor employees’ productivity by taking screenshots or screencasts (videos) of their screens at random intervals, during work hours.
There are three settings for a screencast in Time Doctor:
- Screenshots: Random screenshots at a specified time interval.
- Videos: A continuous video split into 3-minute clips.
- Off: No video or screenshots.
While each screencast shows you an employee’s screen, you can also see their mouse and keyboard activity levels.
Note: Time Doctor doesn’t track which keys are pressed. It only determines if any keys are pressed or not to maintain user privacy. Additionally, it can only capture screenshots and screencasts while the employee is working — not while they are on a break.
G. Robust Integrations
Time Doctor integrates with various project management tools like Basecamp, Trello or ClickUp to track the time your team spends on them.
It can even integrate with other workplace apps, like:
- CRMs: Zendesk, Salesforce, Bitrix24.
- Customer support and help center tools: Freshworks, Help Scout.
- Productivity suites: Google Apps, Office 365.
- User-friendly interface for better customer experience.
- Accurate and easy employee time tracking.
- In-built inactivity tracking to ensure employees stay focused on the job.
- Track both websites and app usage.
- Easy integrations with a wide range of workplace software.
- Supports payroll management to help pay your employees.
- Offline mode to track time even when your internet is down.
- Strict privacy and data security measures to protect employee data.
- Suitable for any modern team or software company.
- Generates detailed reports that can be exported as PDF or CSV files.
- Powerful Chrome extension helps track time on various project management tools in real time.
- Track time for a mobile workforce with Time Doctor’s Android app.
- Active online customer service team.
- Available as powerful desktop apps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Time Doctor offers 3 pricing plans to suit your business needs:
- Basic: $7/user per month – offers time tracking + task management + unlimited screenshots + activity tracking.
- Standard: $10/user per month – includes “Basic” features + payroll + integrations.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes “Standard” features + client login access + concierge account setup.
- G2: 4.3/5 (140+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
Toggl is a cloud-based time tracking software with robust reporting and productivity management features. However, it lacks invoice and payroll support.
Click here to check out our detailed Toggl review.
- Online and offline time tracking with an option to add time manually.
- Detailed reports that you can schedule to be sent via email to any team member.
- Project management dashboard to track your project progress.
- Real time timesheets that can be accessed via mobile and desktop apps.
- Supports third-party integrations with a collaboration platform like Slack, and CRMs, like Salesforce.
Toggl offers 4 pricing plans for varying business needs:
- Free: supports 5 users + time tracking.
- Starter: $10/user per month – includes “Free” features + reporting functionality.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes “Starter” features + team time management + charts + schedule email reports + tracking reminders.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – includes “Premium” features + priority support + expert training and assistance.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1000+ reviews)
Hubstaff is an employee time tracking and management tool with excellent reporting and payroll features. However, its base pricing plan only supports one integration.
Click here to check out our detailed Hubstaff review.
- Easy manual time tracking.
- Timesheets help record employee work hours.
- Automatically generates invoices for managing payments.
- Employee monitoring feature to view work in progress in real time.
- Offers 30+ business apps integrations.
Hubstaff offers four pricing options:
- Free: supports 1 user + time tracking + activity levels + limited screenshots + limited payments.
- Basic: $7/user per month – includes “Free” features + 1 integration + 24 hours support + per user settings.
- Premium: $10/user per month – includes “Basic” features + payroll + timesheet approvals + expense tracking + invoices + weekly limits.
- Enterprise: $20/user per month – includes “Premium” features + VIP support + unlimited job sites + concierge account setup.
- G2: 4.1/5 (2700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (320+ reviews)
7shifts is an employee scheduling and time tracking software that’s specifically designed for restaurants. With an intuitive and user-friendly interface, it’s a good Tymeshift alternative.
- Simple drag & drop interface for managing employee schedule.
- Detailed reports for gaining performance insights.
- Streamline communication with one-on-one or group live chat.
- Dashboards for easily monitoring restaurant operations.
- Has a powerful integration with various payroll tools.
7shifts has 4 different pricing tiers:
- Comp: supports up to 10 users + time tracking + dashboard + reporting + health check.
- Appetizer: $19.99/location per month – supports 20 users + includes “Comp” features + POS integration + sms notification + live chat support.
- Entree: $43.99/location per month – includes “Appetizer” features + events management + schedule templates + labor budget tools.
- The Works: $76.99/location per month – includes “Entree” features + payroll integration + manager log book + activity audit log.
- G2: 4.6/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (420+ reviews)
5. Kronos Workforce Read
Kronos Workforce ready is a cloud-based HCM platform that helps you manage the employee lifecycle — from onboarding to offboarding. However, it lacks advanced tracking features like screenshot monitoring.
- Applicant tracking system for facilitating HR processes.
- Offers time & attendance management.
- Payroll processing and setup for easy payment.
- Automatic employee absence management functionality.
- Generates user reports to identify areas of improvement.
- Available as an Android app and iOS app.
Contact Kronos for a custom pricing quote.
- G2: 4.0/5 (760+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (730+ reviews)
BambooHr is an HR software and workforce management solution that’s best for small to medium-sized firms.
- Simple time tracking and editable timesheets.
- Centralized database for easy access to accurate employee data.
- Talent management system to streamline HR processes.
- Time & attendance tracking system.
- Feature-rich iOS and Android app to manage work from anywhere.
Contact BambooHR to get a free price quote.
- G2: 4.3/5 (550+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1100+ reviews)
7. ADP Workforce Now
ADP Workforce Now is a SaaS payroll and HR software. Its user-friendliness helps make the employee onboarding process for your organization a breeze.
- Offers quick and accurate payroll management.
- Automates timekeeping and attendance tracking.
- Assign and track goals for easy performance management.
- Detailed reports help make data-driven decisions easily.
- Custom workflows and online document storage for efficient HR processes.
Contact ADP to get a custom pricing.
- G2: 4.1/5 (2700+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (4300+ reviews)
Deputy is a workforce management software with employee scheduling and time & attendance features. A great Tymeshift alternative, Deputy is suitable for any organization.
- Offers easy employee auto-scheduling.
- Feature-rich mobile app for managing a mobile workforce easily.
- Share updates and announcements with the communication platform.
- Time clock app with facial recognition for recording accurate hours.
- Manage leaves and time off requests from any device.
Deputy is available in 4 different editions at various price ranges:
- Scheduling: $2.50/user per month – employee scheduling + auto scheduling + POS integration + leave management + tasking.
- Time & Attendance: $2.50/user per month – timesheets + payroll integration + leave management + news feed + single sign on.
- Premium: $4.50/user per month – includes “Scheduling” and “Time & Attendance” features + reporting.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – includes “Premium” features + custom implementation + dedicated enterprise support + custom roles and permissions.
- G2: 4.7/5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (550+ reviews)
Paylocity is a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) and payroll software that helps manage your employees easily.
- Automates tasks to streamline HR (Human Resource) processes.
- Variety of time clock configurations for time tracking flexibility.
- Compliance dashboard for managing employee compliance needs.
- Learning management system to facilitate employee training.
- Offers integrations with various employee benefits management software.
Contact Paylocity for a custom pricing.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (330+ reviews)
10. When I Work
When I Work is a time clock and employee scheduling tool. However, if you want time clock and attendance tracking features, you’ll have to pay separately.
- Provides easy employee scheduling with a drag & drop interface.
- Ability to forecast labor costs.
- Use reports for tracking and reviewing team data.
- Supports applicant tracking and onboarding functionalities.
- Available as feature-rich iOS and Android apps.
When I Work is available at 4 different pricing tiers:
- Free: supports up to 75 users + team scheduling + team availability + shift trading + time off requests.
- Basic: $2/user per month – includes “Free” features + employee schedule templates + multiple locations + job sites + overtime visibility.
- Pro: $2.50/user per month – includes “Basic” features + auto scheduling + labor forecasting + shift and team task lists + shift bidding.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – includes “Pro” features + full API access + single sign on + custom integration + labor insights.
- G2: 4.4/5 (190+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (800+ reviews)
The Tymeshift app is a good tool for Zendesk, but that doesn’t make it the best workforce management software.
And while all the Tymeshift competitors covered here are great, they aren’t as versatile as Time Doctor.
From powerful time tracking and payroll support to advanced reports, Time Doctor has all the features and capabilities that you need in a time management tool.
Sign up for the 14-day trial today and experience it for yourself!
Liam Martin is the co-founder of Time Doctor—one of the world’s leading time tracking software for remote teams. He is also the co-organizer of Running Remote, the world’s largest remote work conference.