Looking for a TSheets alternative?
TSheets is a powerful time tracking software that can track work hours, monitor employees and manage your payroll.
However, it isn’t perfect.
TSheets is tricky to set up, doesn’t have features for managing employees’ distractions and won’t integrate with many popular workplace tools.
In this article, we’ll cover the eight best alternatives to TSheets to give you a better option to track time.
This article contains:
(Click the links to jump to a specific section)
Four Things To Look For In A TSheets Alternative
The Eight Best TSheets Alternatives (includes key features, pros, cons, pricing and user ratings)
Let’s get started.
Four Things To Look For In A TSheets Alternative
1. Accurate Time Tracking
Sure, every time tracker helps you track time.
But how accurate is it?
Think about it.
Your time tracker needs to be accurate to be useful. If you have an unreliable tracker, you won’t be able to use it’s data to:
- Know how long a task took to complete.
- Make proper project estimates.
- Prevent employees from faking their work hours.
- Show your clients exactly how long their projects take.
Bottom Line: Look for a time tracker that’s accurate to the second and gives you reliable time records.
2. Easy Setup And Use
Most companies utilize time trackers to boost employee productivity and save time.
But how will you do that if your staff is wasting time figuring out how to use your tool?
You need to choose a tracker that is both powerful and easy to use. Don’t opt for a tool with a steep learning curve — these take time to get used to and will slow your employees down.
Instead, choose time trackers with a self start/stop timer. They’re the simplest to use as the employee only has to start the timer when clocking in and stop it once they’re done.
Bottom Line: Choose a self start/stop time tracker with an easy setup and user-friendly interface.
3. Distraction Management Features
There are tons of distractions interfering with your employee’s ability to work. Whether it’s online shopping, videos or social media — the list of distractions is endless!
Your time tracker must be able to manage these distractions that drain your employees’ productivity.
Ideally, it should be able to:
- Blacklist non-work related websites like YouTube, Amazon and Netflix.
- Inform you when employees access unproductive websites and apps.
Bottom Line: Look for a time tracker with excellent distraction management features to keep your employees focused on their work.
4. Tons Of Integrations With Popular Workplace Tools
Time monitoring apps aren’t the only tools you’ll be using at your company. Chances are, you also use software like:
- Project management tools.
- Communication platforms.
- Payroll and invoicing apps.
- CRM software, and more.
It’s a good idea to look for a time tracker that seamlessly connects with your existing workplace software.
Integrating your time tracker with your existing tools lets you:
- Sync time spent on such software in real-time.
- Streamline and automate your workflows across various tools.
For example, by integrating your time tracker with your payroll software, you can instantly pay your freelancers (and even your employees) based on the hours they worked.
Bottom Line: Choose a time tracker that integrates with your existing workplace software to simplify workflows.
The Eight Best TSheets Alternatives
Here are the eight most popular alternatives to TSheets:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an all-in-one time tracking and productivity monitoring software. Its powerful features have made it a popular workplace tool among companies like Apple, PwC and Verizon.
Time Doctor lets you:
- Track time an employee spends on each task.
- Monitor their web and app usage during work hours.
- Identify poor-time usage to hold the employee accountable.
- Prevent your teams from getting sidetracked while working.
- Access tons of advanced reports for accurate client billing.
Here’s a closer look at some of Time Doctor’s key features:
A) Simple Time Tracking
Time Doctor is the most powerful alternative to Tsheets.
However, that isn’t all.
It’s also the simplest to use.
The tool lets you track time for a specific task in three simple steps:
- Open Time Doctor.
- Enter the task name.
- Start the timer for the task.
When you’re done working, simply stop the timer and the app stops tracking time.
It’s that easy!
This way, your employees won’t be wasting time figuring out how to use the tool — they can get started immediately!
B) Distraction Management
Worried that your employees are wasting too much time on social media and other unproductive websites while working?
With Time Doctor, you won’t have to worry about that.
Whenever they access unproductive sites while working, the app auto-displays a pop-up notification asking them if they’re still working or not. This nudge is usually enough to get them back to work.
You even get a Web and App Usage Report that shows you which websites and apps were accessed by each employee and for how long.
For added flexibility, you can customize which websites and apps are categorized as unproductive.
C) Advanced Reporting
Time Doctor automatically creates tons of accurate reports for a complete break down of each employee’s time usage.
Here’s an overview of some of its key reports:
- Timesheet – displays the total hours worked by all your staff on a daily basis.
- Time Use – shows the time spent on tasks by a single employee over a given period.
- Timeline – gives a chronological break down of each employee’s work activity on a specific day.
- Web and App Usage – displays the apps and websites used by an employee while they are working.
- Projects – shows you who worked on each project and for how long.
- Attendance and Late Report – lets you see who was absent or late on each day and the reason for it.
You can click here for more information on Time Doctor’s reports.
D) Client Access
Want to show your clients how their projects are progressing in real-time?
You can easily give them access to your Time Doctor account!
The tool even lets you decide what data your clients can access — like project reports and timesheets. However, to maintain privacy, they can only view data related to their own projects.
Time Doctor gives you the flexibility to pay your staff based on an hourly or fixed model. It automatically calculates the salary for each person and lets you pay them using a payment method of your choice.
You can integrate Time Doctor with tons of different apps like Google Apps, ClickUp and Slack, to track time across your workplace software. For added functionality, it also has Zapier integrations with thousands of applications like Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Twitter and more.
Click here for the complete list of integrations.
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- A built-in user inactivity tracker.
- Works offline to track time when the network is down.
- Can record your employees’ web and app activity.
- Optional screenshot monitoring for your staff.
- Strict privacy controls to protect your employees’ information.
- Can identify potential poor-time usage.
- GPS tracking to track the location of your team when they’re working.
- Customizable reports that can be exported as XLS or CSV files.
- Cross-platform support for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
- Mobile time tracking for Android and iOS devices.
- The Chrome extension isn’t as powerful as the desktop and mobile variants.
- The tool may be more useful for businesses than freelancers.
Time Doctor costs $9.99/month per user. You can also sign up for a free 14-day trial without a credit card.
- G2 Crowd – 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (200+ reviews)
Toggl is an excellent TSheets alternative for users who prefer simple time trackers. With an intuitive interface and flexible tracking features, Toggl is useful for freelancers and small businesses.
- Offline and online time tracking systems.
- Powerful project dashboard.
- Real-time syncing across mobile and desktop platforms.
- Advanced reports that can be exported as CSV, PDF and XLS files.
- Has over 100 integrations to let you track time across different apps.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- You can also manually log time on a daily or weekly basis.
- Great customer service.
- No web and app monitoring of your employees.
- Employees can edit timesheets to reflect inaccurate data.
- Limited reporting features in the starter plan.
Toggl offers three pricing plans:
- Starter: $9/month per user – offers time tracking and basic reporting features.
- Premium: $18/month per user – includes Starter + team management and real-time features.
- Enterprise: custom pricing – everything in Premium + extra customizations and expert support.
- G2 Crowd – 4.4/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (900+ reviews)
Check out our comprehensive review of Toggl.
The Hours time tracker is designed for individuals, freelancers and small teams. If you’re looking for simple time management features, this is the tool for you.
- Detailed reports with graphic representations.
- Real-time syncing across the web app and iOS devices like your Apple watch.
- Can add custom notes to your timers.
- Simple timeline views with drag and adjust functionality.
- Can manually log in time at the end of a day or a week.
- Sleek and user-friendly interface.
- Easy to switch between tasks with a single click.
- Good team management features.
- No expense tracking features.
- Not available for Windows.
- You can’t monitor your staff’s web and app usage.
Hours is available in two versions:
- Free: basic automatic time tracking and reporting features.
- Pro: $8/month per user – automatic backup and sync features + advanced timers and reports.
- G2 Crowd – NA
- Capterra – NA
Everhour is an employee time tracking tool with good reporting, budgeting and payroll features. Like TimeCamp, the tool can easily track all your projects and assignments.
- Live dashboard to quickly identify who’s working on what.
- Receive automatic reminders to track time.
- Set time and budget estimates for your projects.
- Track work-related expenses and create suitable invoices.
- Native integrations with Trello, Basecamp, Jira and GitHub.
- Powerful browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
- Can create custom reports that can be shared with your team.
- Clients can access time tracking and project tracking data through the client portal.
- Lacks web and app usage tracking features.
- No feature to prevent employee distractions.
- No offline functionality to track time when there’s no internet.
Everhour has three pricing plans with the Solo and Team plans offering all features.
- Free: all features except integrations.
- Solo: $8/month.
- Team: starts at $7/month per user for a team of five. For groups with fewer than five members, a custom base fee will be charged.
- G2 Crowd – 4.7/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (150+ reviews)
Hubstaff is a popular time tracker that lets you monitor your employees during work hours. Here’s a closer look at some of its best features:
- Easy to use interface.
- Accurate online timecards.
- Automatic paid time off (PTO) management.
- Cross-platform support for Linux, Windows, Android, Mac and iOS.
- Supports integrations with tools ranging from project management to CRM software.
- You can enable screenshot monitoring for your employees.
- Built-in payroll and employee scheduling features.
- Get detailed reports on activity and time usage.
- Supports GPS location tracking on mobile devices.
- The initial software setup can be tricky.
- The base-level plan isn’t very feature-rich.
Hubstaff is available in four pricing schemes:
- Free: time tracking with limited screenshots.
- Basic: $4.08/month per user – unlimited screenshots + 1 integration.
- Premium: $8.25/month per user – includes Basic with unlimited integrations + scheduling and invoicing features.
- Enterprise: $16.67/month per user – includes Premium with unlimited team members and priority support.
G2 Crowd – 4.4/5 (300+ reviews)
Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (900+ reviews)
You can also check out our Hubstaff review.
Harvest is a good Tsheets alternative for freelancers and agencies that helps you track time, plan tasks and monitor expenses quickly.
- Can create detailed timesheets.
- Automatic reminders to track time.
- Can create professional invoices and share it with your clients.
- Project reports that can be exported as XLS, CSV and Google Drive files.
- Integrates with team communication, task management and customer support apps.
- Simple user interface.
- Attach photos of your receipts while billing expenses.
- Easy to separate non-billable and billable hours for a project.
- Lacks web and app tracking features.
- If you use multiple user accounts, switching between them is difficult.
- The mobile app isn’t as intuitive as the desktop version.
Harvest comes in two pricing plans with all the features:
- Free: for one user with a maximum of two projects.
- Pro: $10.80/month per user – for unlimited users with an unlimited number of projects.
- G2 Crowd – 4.3/5 (500+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (330+ reviews)
Here is our comprehensive review of Harvest.
Clockify is a time clock app that doubles up as a workforce management software. It creates accurate timesheets to help you organize work and manage your payroll.
- Simple time tracking with manual and automatic modes.
- Customizable timesheets.
- Powerful dashboard with visual charts and active work statuses.
- Support for team collaboration on tasks.
- Can set project targets and reminders.
- Tons of integrations with project management and productivity apps like ClickUp, Trello, Evernote and Jira.
- User-friendly interface.
- Has a desktop app for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android to track time on the go.
- Reports that can be shared as PDF, CSV and XLS.
- Limited free version.
- Difficult to use reports for invoicing.
- No distraction management features.
Clockify offers four pricing options:
- Free: includes unlimited time tracking + reports + users + integrations.
- Plus: $9.99/month – private time entries and time rounding features + company-branded reports and reminders.
- Premium: $29.99/month – includes Plus + project templates, alerts and bulk report features.
- Server: $450/month – includes Premium + improved security and dedicated customer support.
- G2 Crowd – 4.3/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.5/ 5 (500+ reviews)
BeeBole Timesheet is the employee timesheet system for medium companies, departments and teams. With BeeBole Timesheet, companies can track the time spent by employees and contractors, and control project cost. BeeBole Timesheet’s customers currently include well-known companies like Zurich and Michelin, as well as more than 1,000 companies worldwide.
- More than 30 reports and custom KPIs
- Employee mobile app works offline
- Billing costs with multiple currencies
- Time entries approval
- Permissions levels
- Free API
- DCAA and GDPR compliant
- Extremely flexible through modules
- Google Suite and Microsoft 365 integration
- Available in 8 languages
- Highly rated customer support in English, French and Spanish
- Admin interface can be complex if you don’t do a free demo
- No admin interface in the mobile app
- Copy and paste entries only available in the mobile app
BeeBole Timesheet’s pricing is per user: $5.99 per person per month. You can add as many projects and customers as you like. There are volume discounts for yearly subscriptions, NGOs and educational institutions. There’s a 30-day free trial, no credit card required.
- Capterra – 4.6/5 (54)
- Google Suite – 4.2/5 (24)
While TSheets is still a good tool, there are tons of time trackers that outperform it.
When looking at a Tsheets alternative, choose one that’s easy to use, can manage distractions and integrate with your existing software.
Luckily, with Time Doctor, that’s precisely what you get!
Its powerful time tracking and productivity features make it incredibly easy to monitor your team and maintain productivity. So why not sign up for a 14-day free trial today and experience it yourself?