Looking for the best Tempo alternatives?
While Tempo is a decent automated time-tracking solution to monitor your employee’s productivity, it’s not the best solution available today.
As Tempo mainly focuses on productivity monitoring in Jira, it lacks integrations with other project management software like Trello or ClickUp. Additionally, Tempo doesn’t allow you to pay via quarterly or annual intervals for added ease of use.
In this article, we’ll cover what you should look for while choosing a time tracking software and highlight the top 7 Tempo Timesheets alternatives. To help you make the best choice, we’ll even provide you with the key features, pricing, and customer ratings for each tool.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to go to a specific section)
Top 7 Tempo alternatives 2020
(includes key features, pricing, customer ratings)
Let’s get started.
4 Things To Look For While Choosing A Tempo alternative
Here’s a quick look at what features a Tempo alternative should have:
A. Time Tracking Accuracy
The goal of a time tracking software is to keep track of how long your employees are spending on their tasks and to monitor their productivity.
But without accurate tracking features, you won’t be able to:
- Know precisely how long a task takes.
- Predict exact time estimates for your projects.
- Prevent any team member from altering their timesheet.
Choose a time tracker that can accurately track time to the second. This way, you’ll have a transparent and reliable method of monitoring employee productivity.
B. Powerful Reporting Features
Just tracking time isn’t enough to boost your team’s efficiency.
In the long run, you’ll also need detailed reports about your employees’ performance to optimize their productivity.
Ideally, your time tracking tool should generate detailed reports regarding:
- Poor time utilization.
- Website and application use.
- Attendance hours.
For maximum flexibility, ensure that the software lets you export and share these reports in PDF or CSV file formats. This makes it super easy to share project time reports with any client.
C. Privacy Safeguards
Privacy is a crucial thing to check for while dealing with any kind of monitoring software.
You certainly don’t want your employees to feel insecure about their time-tracking tool!
Most employees have concerns about the software:
- Monitoring them during their free time.
- Capturing sensitive data like passwords.
To resolve such concerns, avoid tools that track a user’s keystrokes (keyloggers) and give them the option to control when they’re tracked. This way, you can ensure that your tool monitors your employee’s online activities only when they consent to it.
Additionally, ensure that the tool lets them view the tracked data to ease their mind about any sensitive information being captured.
A time tracking tool isn’t the only software your team is going to use.
They’ll also be using project management and communication tools, right?
That’s why it’s important that your time monitoring tool offers integrations with other software in your workspace like project management tools, CRMs and communication apps.
While choosing a software, make sure to check its integration page to know if it can run with the other tools used in your business. This way, you’ll be able to monitor productivity across all the apps in your workspace.
Top 7 Tempo Alternatives In 2020
As there are several Tempo alternatives available today, where do you start looking?
Luckily, you don’t need to spend hours looking for good employee monitoring software.
We’ve gone through all that effort for you!
Here’s a detailed overview of 7 time tracking tools that are great alternatives to Tempo:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an all-in-one time-tracking and productivity management tool used by giants like Verizon, as well as small businesses such as Firehouse Subs. It’s got everything you need to skyrocket employee productivity and better your time-management.
Time Doctor can help you:
- Easily track productive and idle time for all your employees.
- Break down and analyze productivity through detailed reports.
- Ensure that your employees are actively engaged during work hours.
- Pay employees with powerful payroll management.
- Streamline your workflows across various platforms.
- Track time on the go with a powerful Android mobile app.
Here’s a quick look at what makes Time Doctor the ultimate Tempo alternative:
A. Easy Time Tracking
Time tracking in Time Doctor can’t get any simpler.
To track time in the manual mode, just follow these four steps:
- Download the Time Doctor desktop app.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- If your company is using task tracking, choose your task and project.
- Tap the Start button to start tracking your work.
Time Doctor now runs unobtrusively, letting you fully focus on your work pace.
When you need some free time or want to stop your work, just click on the Stop button to stop tracking time.
Note: For improved flexibility, admins/managers can enable Time Doctor’s automatic time tracking feature for their teams.
2. Idle Time Tracker
Time Doctor helps you monitor employee productivity by tracking idle minutes and seconds.
What does it mean?
An idle minute/second is a whole minute/second without any keyboard or mouse activity.
Time Doctor’s data reveals the percentage of minutes/seconds of an employee’s idle time compared to total time worked.
This way, you can compare an employee’s idle time with others having a similar role, or their own idle time trends over a period to estimate their productivity levels.
Note: To protect privacy, Time Doctor does not record what keystrokes or clicks are made. It only detects whether there has been any keyboard and mouse activity or not.
3. Productivity Ratings
Tracking idle time helps, but on its own, it isn’t enough to get a full insight into an employee’s productivity levels.
To get a complete view of your team’s productivity levels, Time Doctor measures productivity based on their app and web usage during work hours.
Each website or application can be given a Productivity Rating, like:
These ratings can be customized according to your company’s needs.
For example, you can set ‘Facebook’ as ‘Productive’ for your social media team but ‘Unproductive’ for your software development team.
To determine productivity levels, Time Doctor will track the amount of time spent on each website with their Productivity Ratings. This gives you an opportunity to address any distractions affecting your team productivity.
Note: Only admins, managers, and business owners can edit or customize Productivity Ratings.
4. Powerful Reports
Time Doctor gives you easy-to-understand, detailed reports to help you analyze your team’s performance.
These reports are crucial for troubleshooting any productivity problems your employees might be facing and training them to overcome it.
The software gives you various reports like:
- Activity Summary Report: view tracked time by activity levels for each team member. Only admins/managers can view this report.
- Hours Tracked: see the work hours for any user, tracked over a set time interval.
- Productivity: determines unproductive and productive time for every employee over a date range, based on the Productivity Ratings.
- Projects & Tasks: shows the amount of time an employee spent on any project/task.
- Timeline: displays a chronological progression of the time worked by a user.
- Timeline – Detailed: similar to the Timeline report but offers more details, such as task breakdowns and start/end times.
- Web and App Usage: reveals the exact amount of time spent on each website or application by an individual.
With the Time Doctor app, paying your employees becomes super simple.
Time Doctor’s Payroll Management functionality is highly flexible and lets you customize several settings, like:
- Integrate payment methods like PayPal or Wise, formerly Transferwise.
- Choose users/employees to include in a particular payroll.
- The date range for the payroll.
- The payment currency for every user.
- Add or deduct adjustments.
- Pay rates for each employee/user.
- Payment methods for each employee.
- Exporting your payroll sheet as a CSV file for easy storage.
Time Doctor integrates with a ton of productive software to streamline time tracking and productivity management.
Some of the popular integrations available are:
- Project management software: Asana, Jira, Trello.
- Customer service: Zoho Desk, Freshdesk.
- Productivity suites: Google Apps, Microsoft ToDo, Office 365.
- CRMs: Hubspot, Pipedrive.
- Highly user-friendly interface.
- Supports manual and automatic time tracking.
- Detailed productivity reports for performance appraisal.
- Extensive integrations for streamlining your workflow.
- Simple one-click time tracking process.
- Invite a client to your Time Doctor account.
- Can connect your software to Time Doctor’s API.
- Payroll management for easy and accurate invoicing.
- Customizable Productivity Ratings for improved performance tracking.
- Screencasts features for further productivity monitoring.
- Idle time tracking to help with productivity analysis.
- Task management features to manage your projects better.
- Powerful Android mobile app to track time on the go.
- Offers a Chrome browser extension.
- Powerful desktop apps for Mac, Windows and Linux.
Time Doctor offers three pricing plans to suit various business needs:
- Basic: $7/user per month – supports time tracking + task management + activity tracking + unlimited screenshots.
- Standard: $10/user per month – offers “Basic” features + payroll management + powerful integrations.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes “Standard” features + client login access + VIP support.
Time Doctor also offers you a 14-day free trial, no credit card required.
- G2: 4.3/5 (140+ user reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ user reviews)
Hubstaff is an employee performance management tool that provides basic monitoring features like time tracking, employee scheduling, and payroll.
- Offers simple and easy time tracking.
- Reporting functionality for high-level productivity data.
- Tracks app and URL activity for productivity monitoring.
- Integrates with GitHub, GitLab, and Asana.
- Easy invoicing and expense tracking based on tracked time and bill rates.
- GPS tracking for locating an employee’s activity.
Hubstaff offers four pricing plans:
- Free plan that supports 1 user.
- Basic – $7/user per month.
- Premium – $10/user per month.
- Enterprise – $20/user per month.
- G2 – 4.4 /5 (300+ user reviews)
- Capterra – 4.6 / 5 (1000+ user reviews)
Read more about Hubstaff in our detailed review.
Timecamp is a simple, automatic time tracker that suits businesses from all industries. Its automated time monitoring feature makes it a good alternative to Tempo Timesheet.
- Screenshot monitoring for work activity tracking.
- Project cost analysis for expense tracking and better resource management.
- Windows and Mac support.
- Automates the time-tracking process.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Tons of integration with communication and task management apps.
TimeCamp has three pricing plans:
- Solo: Free.
- Basic: $7/user per month.
- Pro: $10/user per month.
- G2 – 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)
Clockify is an easy to use time tracking software that lets you track employee productivity across multiple projects. Its simple and user-friendly UI makes it an excellent Tempo Timesheets alternative.
- Track time conveniently by using a stopwatch.
- Easy to understand weekly timesheets.
- Supports both automated and manual time-tracking.
- Gives productivity breakdowns by day, activity, or user for better performance appraisal.
- Generates detailed reports which can be exported as PDF, CSV, or Excel.
- Can edit timesheets manually.
- Offers integrations with productivity apps like ClickUp, Evernote and Trello.
Clockify offers four pricing options for different needs:
- Free plan.
- Plus: $9.99/month (flat).
- Premium: $29.99/month (flat).
- Enterprise: $9.99/user per month.
- G2 – 4.4/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.7/ 5 (1400+ reviews)
Veriato is a software company that provides user behavior analytics and employee tracking solutions. They offer four products for different types of monitoring functions, each one suited for large businesses.
- Cerebral: User activity monitoring with AI-based threat detection and user behavior analytics.
- Vision: Productivity monitoring tool that’s best for large remote teams.
- Investigator: Stealth workplace and employee activity monitoring.
- RansomSafe: Ransomware protection software.
- Screenshot monitoring and recording for observing work processes.
Veriato has 4 stand-alone products sold separately:
- Vision: $50/user per year.
- Investigator (On-premises & Cloud-based): $125/user per year.
- Cerebral (formerly known as Veriato 360): price on request.
- RansomSafe: price on request.
- G2 – N/A
- Capterra – 4.3/5 (70+ reviews)
- G2 – N/A
- Capterra – 3.3/5 (3 reviews)
- G2 – N/A
- Capterra – 4.2/5 (30+ reviews)
- G2 – N/A
- Capterra – 4.5/5 (10+ reviews)
Toggl offers simple and flexible time tracking features, which makes it a good fit for freelancers and small businesses.
- One-click timers for easy timekeeping.
- Tracking reminders to remind employees when they are not tracking.
- Powerful desktop and mobile apps.
- Profit vs. labor costs to identify project profitability in a quick glance.
- Team dashboard for insights on employee performance.
- Manual time editing for accidental miss-outs.
Toggl offers three pricing plans depending on your requirements and team sizes:
- Starter: $10/user per month.
- Premium: $20/user per month.
- Enterprise: custom pricing.
- G2 – 4.5/5 (1100+ reviews)
- Capterra – 4.6/ 5 (1000+ reviews)
Read more about Toggl in our detailed review.
TSheets is an employee productivity monitoring and management solution with robust timesheet features. Its user-friendliness and real-time reporting functionality make it an excellent Tempo timesheet alternative.
- One-click time tracker for convenience.
- Overtime tracking for improved project budgeting.
- Time clock to track time using any device.
- Supports Android and iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad.
- Detailed real-time, interactive reports which can be exported in CSV or PDF formats.
- Offers integration with Salesforce, Google Drive and more.
- Geofencing feature for better work monitoring.
TSheets has two pricing plans:
- Premium: $8/user per month + $20 base fee per month.
- Elite: $10/user per month + $40 base fee per month.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (5400+ reviews)
Sure, Tempo Timesheets is a decent employee monitoring software solution.
However, there are hundreds of better options out there.
Just go through the tools we covered here to choose one that fits your business needs.
To get started quickly, why not give Time Doctor a shot today?
Not only does it have tons of powerful time tracking and reporting features, but it also ensures employee privacy and data security.
Sign up today for our 14-day free trial and watch your team’s productivity grow instantly!