Searching for a great TeamViewer alternative?
TeamViewer is a remote access software mainly used as a customer support solution across organizations.
However, it’s not the best tool out there.
For starters, TeamViewer is version-specific, which means that both the host and the end-user needs to be on the same version of the software. Additionally, although it’s free for personal use, commercial plans are expensive.
So which tool should you use?
In this article, we’ll highlight the top 11 TeamViewer alternatives available today. We’ll also go over their key features, pricing, and customer ratings to help you make the best pick.
This Article Contains:
(click on the links below to jump to a specific tool)
- 11 Best TeamViewer Alternatives
Let’s get started.
11 Best TeamViewer Alternatives
Here’s a detailed look at the 11 most popular TeamViewer alternatives:
AnyDesk is a remote desktop software that allows users to remotely access computers and other devices. It’s best for small to medium-sized organizations.
- Offers built-in file transfer.
- Ability to record remote sessions.
- Built-in address book to keep track of contacts and connections.
- Remote printing to easily print documents with remote or local printers.
- Can customize the user interface for consistent branding purposes.
- Can collaborate over meetings, presentations, or documents with ease.
- Uses banking standard TLS 1.2 technology to prevent unauthorized access.
- Offers free trial to explore AnyDesk features.
- Available for multiple platforms including Linux, FreeBSD, and Raspberry Pi.
AnyDesk offers three different pricing plans for commercial use:
- Lite: $10.99/month – supports unlimited endpoint + remote printing + file transfer + mobile to PC remote control + on screen whiteboard + auto discovery.
- Professional: $20.99/month – includes “Lite” features + address book + session login + custom client.
- Power: $52.49/month – includes “Professional” features + unlimited concurrent sessions.
- G2: 4.5/5 (410+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (480+ reviews)
Chrome Remote Desktop by Google is a remote desktop software that allows remote access to another computer.
While it was originally released as a Google Chrome extension, it’s now available as a web portal, which removes the limitation of using the Chrome browser.
- Offers simple and easy remote access.
- Synchronized clipboard to copy and paste text between two devices.
- Supports multi-monitor remote device display.
- Can remap the keys on the remote device.
- Quick access to a remote device with OTPs (One Time Password).
- Chrome Remote Desktop is free to use.
- Allows unattended access to a computer.
- Don’t need to install a separate remote desktop app.
- Allows remote access to a computer via a mobile device app.
Chrome Remote Desktop is free to install on any device.
- G2: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
3. LogMeIn Pro
LogMeIn Pro is a remote desktop tool that allows access to data, files, and applications on the go. It’s best for entrepreneurs and small businesses to help them stay on top of their activities.
- Can remotely access work computers with ease from any location.
- Offers drag and drop file transfer for ease of use.
- Supports remote printing for quick printing of documents.
- Remote desktop sharing for collaboration or support.
- Offers password management to store passwords, usernames, and payment details.
- Built with AES-256 bit encryption and offers end-to-end authentication.
- Can view multiple monitors simultaneously.
- Offers 1 TB cloud storage to store and easy file sharing.
- Unlimited end-users can access specific work computers.
LogMeIn Pro offers five pricing options:
- Pro For Individuals: $349.99/year – access up to 2 computers and 1 LastPass Premium license.
- Pro For Power Users: $839.99/year – access up to 5 computers and 3 LastPass Premium licenses.
- Pro For Small Businesses: $1539.99/year – access up to 10 computers and 5 LastPass Premium licenses.
- Pro 25 For Small Businesses: $3499.99/year – access up to 25 computers and 10 LastPass Premium licenses.
- Pro 50 For Small Businesses: $6999.99/year – access up to 50 computers and 25 LastPass Premium licenses.
Note: LastPass is a password manager app.
- G2: 4.5/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (140+ reviews)
Splashtop Business Access is a remote desktop access solution built for IT professionals, service providers, and small support teams.
- Supports multi-to-one and multi-to-multi monitor view setup.
- Offers drag-and-drop file sharing.
- Ability to chat with the end-user in or outside a remote session.
- User management to set roles and permissions of computers.
- Can record remote access sessions and save to the local computer.
- Can print files without transferring from a remote device.
- Two users can remotely access a computer simultaneously.
- Can broadcast a Windows desktop in view-mode to any browser without installing any desktop app.
- Offers robust security features (TLS and 256-bit AES encryption) for all remote sessions.
Splashtop Business Access offers three pricing plans:
- Solo: $5/month – for single user + file transfer + remote printing + audio + logging.
- Pro: $8.25/month per user – includes “Solo” features + multi-to-multi display + chat + remote wake + remote reboot.
- Pro Volume Licenses: $4.54/month per user – billed annually for up to 49 users + supports Active Directory + single sign-on.
- G2: 4.8/5 (230+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (310+ reviews)
5. Remote PC
RemotePC by IDrive is a remote management software for professionals to interact with clients, transfer files, and manage applications across various remote devices.
- Supports chat messages between computers.
- Can record and save any remote session on the local computer.
- Whiteboard to easily collaborate and draw on the remote desktop screen.
- Multi-to-multi monitor setup to view each remote display on a different screen.
- Can listen to audio files on the remote computer.
- Supports drag-and-drop functionality for seamless file transfer.
- Can configure the computer to remote control anytime.
- Ability to track remote access and web activity logs.
- Can remotely connect to computers without any software installation.
Remote PC offers five different pricing tiers:
- Consumer: $29.50/year – supports always-on remote access + file transfer + remote printing + whiteboard.
- SOHO: $69.50/year – includes “Consumer” features + unlimited user licenses + access ten computers + add organizers and users.
- Team: $249.50/year – includes “SOHO” features + access 50 computers + single sign-on for users.
- Enterprise: $499.50/year – includes “Team” features + access 100 organize computer into groups + deployment + computer grouping.
- HelpDesk: $499.50/year – includes “Enterprise” features + unlimited technicians + on-demand remote support.
- G2: 4.5/5 (25+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (30+ reviews)
6. VNC Connect
VNC Connect is a remote control software offered by RealVNC that allows businesses to download and share files instantly. It offers cross-platform support for all operating systems.
- Offers both attended and unattended access.
- Team management to manage roles and permissions of remote computers.
- Supports remote printing and file transfer.
- Offers chat functionality to communicate securely.
- Cross-platform support across multiple devices like Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Raspberry Pi.
- Offers intuitive remote control.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Supports cloud connectivity between devices.
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
VNC Connect offers two paid plans (device access):
- Professional: $3.34/computer per month – supports simple password authentication + multi-factor and system authentication + remote printing + file transfer + chat.
- Enterprise: $4.59/computer per month – includes “Professional” features + single sign-on + remote configuration + legacy platform support + user and virtual modes.
- G2: 4.7/5 (390+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (70+ reviews)
Cisco Webex Support is a remote management software that helps businesses provide real-time technical support and services to their customers.
- Offers drag-and-drop installers into end-user devices.
- Ability to view the real-time status of other support agents for easy escalations.
- Can cut and paste text from the chat library.
- Supports web conferencing for personalized remote assistance.
- Can manually and automatically record any remote session.
- Ability to sign-in to an end user’s computer as an administrator.
- Can reboot without interrupting the remote session.
- Can offer support to multiple clients at once.
- Offers post-session surveys to customers.
Contact the Cisco Webex sales team for custom pricing quotes.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
8. Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist is cloud-based remote access software that allows IT support individuals to provide remote support sessions.
- Ability to send and receive files of file-size up to 2GB.
- Live chat to offer personalized remote assistance to customers.
- Can remotely reboot computers without terminating on-going sessions.
- Supports session recording for training sessions and internal audits.
- Wake-on LAN feature to turn on systems that shut down or are in sleep mode.
- Ability to schedule remote sessions.
- Can easily switch between multiple monitors.
- Voice and video call for quick resolution of issues.
- Offers unattended remote access.
Zoho Assist has three remote support pricing plans:
- Standard: $10 – supports multi-monitor navigation + file transfer + reboot and reconnect + customer report + screen capture + session transfer.
- Professional: $15 – includes “Standard” features + iOS and Android app + schedule sessions + desktop sharing + session notes + custom email templates.
- Enterprise: $25 – includes “Professional” features + session recording + remote printing + voice and video call + annotation + custom widget.
- G2: 4.6/5 (280+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (350+ reviews)
Dameware Remote Support is a cloud-based remote desktop solution that helps users provide remote support to computers and servers.
- Can reboot systems, start/stop processes, and copy/delete files.
- Built-in remote admin tools to troubleshoot computers without launching full sessions.
- Active Directory (AD) to manage users, groups, and domains.
- Can provide remote support from Android and iOS devices.
- Offers flexible deployment options according to the work environment needs.
- Can access network computers from mobile device apps.
- Can export AD objects, software information, and system configurations as CSV or XML files.
- Includes Dameware Mini Remote Control software, which allows cross-platform remote access from a single admin console.
- Offers a 15-days free trial with full functionality.
Dameware Remote Support doesn’t have a monthly subscription model. Its pricing depends on the number of licenses, which starts at $388 for a single license.
- G2: 4.2/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (220+ reviews)
UltraVNC is a free and open-source remote access software that allows remote control of other computers. You can use this remote desktop tool to work on a remote computer from any geographic location.
- User-friendly interface.
- A remote machine can be accessed via a mobile, web browser, or desktop application.
- Supports easy file transfer.
- Free to download.
- Text chat to communicate with another remote computer.
- Ability to share desktop screens.
- Supports dual installation (can both access computers and be viewed remotely).
- Offers optional DSM (DiskStation Manager) encryption to secure communications.
UltraVNC is free to install.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (5 reviews)
Mikogo is a screen sharing software that offers remote control features. This tool allows users to share screens, collaborate over a whiteboard for remote meetings, remote support and more.
- Screen sharing with up to 25 remote connection participants.
- Supports high-quality VoIP and teleconferencing calls.
- Multi-user whiteboard and annotation tools.
- Ability to share selected application windows and view multiple screens.
- One-on-one as well as group chat messaging support.
- Profile manager to customize settings and profiles for each user.
- Supports file transfer.
- Can record desktop screen and VoIP calls.
- Offers web browsers and mobile apps (iOS, Android).
Mikogo offers a free version for 1 to 1 screen sharing, audio and video chat, remote control, and file transfer.
However, for added remote utility features, its pricing plans are as follows:
- Standard: $14/month – offers 1 single user license + 1 participant/session + session scheduler + multi-user whiteboard and annotation tools + screen recording + company logo branding + website integration.
- Professional: $16/month – offers 1 single user license + 25 participants/session + includes all “Standard” features.
- Team: $48/month – offers 5 single user license + 25 participants/session + includes all “Standard” features.
- G2: 3.6/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.7/5 (25+ reviews)
TeamViewer is the go-to remote access software but it’s not the best solution available today.
There are several other tools offering far more features for less or the same cost.
Go through the tools we mentioned here and find the best TeamViewer alternative that meets all your requirements. Once you have the right software, you’ll be able to resolve support issues without any hurdles!
Liam Martin is the co-founder of Time Doctor—one of the world’s leading time tracking software for remote teams. He is also the co-organizer of Running Remote, the world’s largest remote work conference.