Searching for the best online time and attendance software?
Tracking time and attendance is essential for any business.
It not only gives an accurate measure of employee time but also improves productivity, streamlines payroll processes, and boosts morale.
However, you can’t track time and attendance using a time clock, pen, and paper.
Timekeeping software is the better option here.
But with hundreds of tools available in the market, which should you use?
In this article, we’ll highlight the 12 best online time and attendance software available today.
We’ll cover their key features, pricing, and ratings. This will help you compare each software and decide what time and attendance solutions fit your needs best.
This Article Contains:
(click on the links below to jump to a specific tool)
- 12 Best Online Time And Attendance Software
Let’s get started.
12 Best Online Time And Attendance Software
Here’s a detailed look at the 12 best online time and attendance software:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a powerful employee productivity management software used by corporations like Verizon and Ericsson, as well as by a small business like Thrive Market to improve employee productivity and time management.
Here are some of Time Doctor’s key features:
1. Time Tracking
Time Doctor is one of the most user-friendly time tracking solution available today.
The first step to tracking employee time is to download and install the Time Doctor desktop app.
Sign in with your credentials, and then all you need to do in the manual mode is:
- Create a task or choose an already existing project.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button to start tracking time for the selected task.
You can complete your work as usual and if you want to take a break or stop working, just click on the ‘Stop’ button, and the time tracker stops tracking time.
Note: Time Doctor also has an automated time tracking mode for maximum ease of use.
2. Performance Reports
Time Doctor offers tons of accurate reports that give actionable insights into your team’s productivity.
Some of these reports are:
- Activity Summary Report: Breaks down the tracked time based on activity levels as active minutes, active seconds, unproductive, manual, and mobile. This activity report can only be accessed by managers/admins.
- Hours Tracked Report: Shows the hours tracked by a user for a selected period (per day, per week, or for any date range).
- Timeline Report: Displays a chronological breakdown of a user’s tracked work hours.
- Web and App Usage Report: Highlights the time spent by a user on each application and website during work hours.
- Projects & Tasks Report: See the time spent on each task or project by a user.
3. Productivity Ratings
Time Doctor allows you to give each website or application a rating based on if they’re for productive use or not.
Here are the different types of productivity ratings:
Managers or admins can customize these ratings for any application or website and apply it across your entire organization, team, or even specific employees.
This provides a more accurate measure of productivity as you’ll know if your employee is spending time on work-related sites and apps or not.
4. Payroll Management
Time Doctor’s payroll management feature helps generate accurate payroll for your employees at any point in time. You can quickly pay them on a fixed basis or according to the hours worked on a project.
How does the payroll feature work?
- Enable payroll in the Company Settings.
- Choose your payment method: TransferWise or PayPal.
- Enter the payroll details like date range, pay rate, payment currency.
- Export the CSV files and upload them to your payment app for batch payments.
An optional functionality, the Screencasts feature takes screenshots or screencasts (videos) of employees’ screens at random intervals during work hours.
Time Doctor offers three settings for a screencast:
- Screenshots: Random screenshots at a specified time interval.
- Videos: A continuous video split into three-minute clips.
- Off: No screenshot or video.
The screencasts will also show you an employee’s mouse and keyboard activity levels to better monitor productivity.
However, Time Doctor doesn’t record what keys were pressed for privacy reasons — it only determines if you pressed any key.
Time Doctor can integrate with several project management tools like Asana, ClickUp, or Jira to track the time your employees spend on those tools.
It even integrates with various workplace apps, like:
- CRMs: HubSpot, Podio, Salesforce.
- Customer support tools: Help Scout, Intercom.
- Productivity suites: Office 365, Google Apps.
Time Doctor offers three pricing plans to cover individual and business needs:
- Basic: $8/user per month – offers time tracking + task management + unlimited screenshots + activity tracking.
- Standard: $12/user per month – includes “Basic” features + payroll + integrations.
- Premium: $24/user per month – includes “Standard” features + client login access + concierge account setup.
- G2: 4.4/5 (160+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (320+ reviews)
Kronos Workforce Ready Suite offers a personalized one-stop solution to human resource, scheduling, and payroll management. It is best suited for small to medium-sized businesses.
However, it lacks advanced employee monitoring features like screenshot monitoring.
- Offers time & attendance management.
- Flexible pay rules for tracking and managing labor cost.
- Payroll processing and setup for easy payment.
- Offers both Android and iOS apps.
Contact Kronos for a custom pricing quote.
- G2: 4.0/5 (800+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (740+ reviews)
TimeClock Plus is a cloud-based time and attendance tracking software that helps all types of businesses track and manage their employees’ time-related tasks.
- Can set overtime limits for weekly, bi-weekly, daily, or any time period.
- Can view and correct missed employee operations like missed punches.
- Supports dynamic labor calculations like paid breaks.
- Offers weighted overtime options for multiple employee rates.
This time clock software is available in three different editions:
- Essentials: $2.50/employee per month – supports time and attendance tracking + basic reports + overtime calculations.
- Professional: $5/employee per month – includes “Essentials” features + PTO & leave management + employee scheduling.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – includes “Professional” features + advanced leave management + 24/7 support.
- G2: 3.9/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (170+ reviews)
TSheets is a cloud-based time clock app that helps managers monitor the productivity of remote workers or employees who change locations regularly.
However, its pricing plans have an additional fee (base fee of $20–40/month) that goes towards unlimited customer support, data storage, etc.
- Can track, submit, and approve time entries using its time clock kiosk.
- Can create, edit, publish, or share an employee schedule for any job or shift.
- Projects feature helps you estimate the time budget for your upcoming projects based on previous ones.
- Offers various bookkeeping, invoicing, expense tracking, and payroll integration.
TSheets offers two pricing tiers:
- Premium: $8/user per month + $20 base fee/month – supports time tracking + mobile app with GPS tracking + streamlined payroll and invoicing + real time reports.
- Elite: $10/user per month + $40 base fee/month – includes “Premium” features + track project progress + project estimates + project activity feed + timesheet signatures.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (5400+ reviews)
uAttend is a cloud-based workforce management system that supports employee attendance tracking and time records.
It also offers a physical time clock that takes attendance via fingerprint biometric, personal PIN, or RFID and works on a monthly subscription.
- Geofencing to regulate remote employee timekeeping.
- Receive text messages or email notifications for unauthorized employee overtime.
- Can access the time and attendance data from any connected device.
- Simplifies payroll calculations by rounding up or down employee punches.
Paid plans for this time tracking software start at $20/month for up to nine employees.
- G2: 4.3/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (360+ reviews)
6. Paychex Flex
Paychex Flex is a cloud-based payroll system. It helps managers streamline payroll processing with automatic payroll calculation as well as a time clocking and attendance reporting tool.
- On-premise time clocks with biometric time and wireless functionality.
- Can integrate with accounting software like QuickBooks and Sage.
- Offers an employee financial wellness program to help them meet their financial goals.
- Ability to accurately calculate, file, and pay the payroll taxes on time.
Contact Paychex Flex for custom pricing.
- G2: 4.2/5 (1100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (980+ reviews)
RUN Powered by ADP is a web-based payroll solution and HR software designed for small businesses. Users can view, manage, and analyze their monthly payroll activities with a built-in time card and analytics functionality.
- Employees clock in and clock out on a computer, mobile device, or time clock system.
- Can create, publish, and manage schedules online.
- Ability to track time-off requests, approvals, and vacations.
- Allows employees to swap shifts, respond to manager requests, or provide their availability in advance.
Contact ADP to get custom pricing.
- G2: 4.6/5 (390+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (660+ reviews)
Timesheets.com provides a cloud-based time tracking system for small to medium-sized businesses. This tool allows employers to track time on an hourly basis for payroll management and a project basis for billable purposes.
- Can enter time on timesheets in multiple ways like manual entries, using timers, etc.
- Employees enter their own time off requests for managers to approve or deny them.
- Offers tools like IP locking to help eliminate time theft.
- Offers GPS tracking to record the geolocation of employees who work in the field.
Has a free plan for individual users. Paid plans for this timesheet software starts at $3.60/user for nonprofits and $4.50/user for standard.
- G2: 4.2/5 (430+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (660+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is a collaboration platform that provides an extensive suite of communication software and management tools like CRM, file sharing, and time management.
- Can track time both automatically and manually.
- Workload management to see who’s working on what.
- Can create to-do lists, assign priorities, and track progress.
- Ability to store, share, and manage files online.
Has a free plan with limited features. Paid plans start at $24/month.
- G2: 4/5 (350+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (430+ reviews)
TimeAttend by Replicon is a cloud-based time and attendance system that automates employee time tracking and reporting. It works for businesses that have hourly, salaried, and contract employees.
However, it doesn’t offer screenshot functionality for advanced time monitoring.
- Provides real-time timesheet submission updates to managers.
- Offers GPS timesheets to get real-time visibility into employee location.
- Ability to eliminate time theft and buddy punching with features like facial recognition and image capture.
- Can set up automatic time entries validation using predefined rules or create your own rules.
Pricing plans start at $8/user per month.
- G2: 4.2/5 (460+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (550+ reviews)
Stratustime is a cloud-based software solution that helps track employee time and attendance. Users can easily punch in and out, request time off, and view their schedule and PTO (Paid Time Off) accruals through an employee self-service dashboard.
- Intuitive dashboard for tracking employee hours, absence management and PTO accruals, and more from any device.
- Enterprise reporting module to understand staffing trends, overtime tracking, and compare scheduled vs. reported hours.
- Can create and customize shifts, hourly staffing needs, and view employee availability with advanced scheduling.
- Alert system to notify managers about an employee’s availability for each shift.
Contact Stratustime to get custom pricing.
- G2: 3.8/5 (15+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.5/5 (20+ reviews)
A time and attendance tracking software will provide insights into your employees’ work patterns, identify areas for improvement, and help boost your team’s productivity.
And while all the time and attendance software covered here are great, they aren’t as versatile as Time Doctor. From powerful time tracking and advanced reports to payroll management, Time Doctor’s features suit businesses of all sizes.
Sign up for the 14-day trial today and experience Time Doctor for yourself!