This article has been a year in the making. And I’m extremely excited about getting it out there to share the video below.
Here’s why: If you’re looking to be a fly on the wall of some of the most successful bloggers in the world, and listen to how they have reached a million unique visitors per month, then grab a cup of coffee and take some notes.
Here’s the scoop:
Almost every year, a collection of fantastic bloggers who I’ve called ‘The Million Uniques Club’ spend a weekend in Vegas and they let me tag along.
We started doing this because we were a little bored with SXSW but still wanted to find a way to get together, talk business, hang out, and generally catch up.
Approximately a year and a half ago I convinced these bloggers to sit down with me and talk business for an hour or two and record the session.
And now for the first time, we are releasing the video to the public so that everyone can learn from these brilliant people.
In the video we cover a few general issues:
- How the members of the group got started blogging.
- What single moment/blog post/partnership really put the bloggers up and running.
- How to hire and scale your blog into a million dollar business.
- How successful bloggers monetize their blog.
The reason why I really respect this group so much is that they aren’t scammy internet marketing dudes trying to get rich quick. These folks are successfully selling products and services from their blogs. And I wanted to learn their secrets.
The bloggers from left to right are:
- Frank Gruber from tech.co (He had just launched a fantastic book “check page 186” which you can check out on amazon)
- Matt Kepnes from nomadicmatt.com (His NYTimes best selling book can be found here)
- Steve Kamb from nerdfitness.com (His book just launched and it’s pretty fantastic, you can check it out here)
- Sean Ogle from seanogle.com (I just saw this video of him and thought it was fantastic)
- Benny and Lauren from fluentin3months.com (He has a best selling book but I’d check out his blog as a first step, pretty engaging content)
- And finally, me from right here…
You can check out the video here. And I hope you learn as much as I did.