Searching for the best Kronos competitors?
Kronos is an employee productivity and HR management tool from Kronos Incorporated, a multinational workforce management company based in Lowell, Massachusetts.
Unfortunately, Kronos isn’t perfect.
For starters, it doesn’t allow you to account for offline work and it lacks advanced monitoring features like screenshot monitoring. Additionally, the Kronos mobile app isn’t as comprehensive as the desktop platform.
In this article, we’ll highlight the 7 best Kronos competitors available in the market to help you choose the right one for your needs. We’ll look at their key features, pricing plans and ratings to give you better insight into each software.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
Top 7 Kronos Competitors (includes key features, pricing, user review ratings)
Let’s jump right in.
Five Features That The Best Kronos Competitors Have
Every employee productivity and management tool provides different features to fulfill various requirements. While this opens up the range of choices for you, hundreds of such platforms are available, such as SAP SuccessFactors, Workday, Ultipro and Paycom.
So the real question is: which tool suits you?
To help narrow everything down, here’s a look at 5 essential features of a robust Kronos competitor:
1. Payroll Management
If you bill your clients or pay your employees by the hour, you’ll know the struggle of ensuring accurate payments.
Fortunately, most productivity and workforce management solutions can help you out with this.
These tools feature built-in payroll solutions to make payments simple and efficient.
Good payroll software should help you:
- Measure the time spent on each task accurately.
- Easily calculate the payment for employees.
- Efficiently pay employees through payroll integrations.
- Automatically generate invoices for each client.
2. Accurate Time Tracking
Time tracking helps you measure how long your employees work on each task.
Why is this important?
Without accurate time tracking, you can’t know:
- How productive your employees actually are.
- How long each task and project takes — this helps you identify any potential difficulties in the process.
- How to budget or estimate time for future tasks and projects.
- How much work/time to bill your clients for.
3. Reporting And Analytics
To be able to analyze employee productivity and performance accurately, you need detailed reports and data.
A good productivity management solution should give you several reports, such as:
- Timesheets and attendance reports.
- Work patterns and productivity reports.
- Time use and web/app activity data.
An ideal software solution should also help you easily export the data in several file formats, such as PDF, XLS or CSV files.
4. Offline Or Manual Time Entry System
Not all work is done online or even using a computer.
To track such work, a human capital management or HR software should allow you to track work done offline and even time away from the computer.
This can be done through various features such as:
- Robust desktop and mobile apps.
- Manual time entry and editing to easily record offline work.
- Location and GPS tracking for off-site tasks.
5. Screenshot Monitoring
While time tracking and activity monitoring can give you a fair idea of your employees’ work activity, this isn’t always enough.
To accurately track productivity and progress, you need a closer look at how these websites and applications are used.
Screenshot monitoring features take screenshots of your employees’ screens at random intervals.
This helps you find out:
- Whether employees are actually working during their work hours.
- How employees are using this time.
- How productive your employees are and any potential difficulties they face.
This way, you can quickly identify ways to boost productivity across the board.
Now that you know the essential features to look for in your productivity and HR management solution, let’s look at the best Kronos’ competitors to fulfill your needs.
Top 7 Kronos Competitors In 2020
Let’s dive right into the best Kronos competitors and what makes them suitable alternatives for this talent management software.
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an all-in-one productivity and HR management tool that’s used by various companies, from Verizon and Apple to smaller businesses like Thrive Market, to manage in-house and remote teams.
Time Doctor helps you:
- Manage your employee/client payroll easily.
- Track the productive time and web/app activity of each employee.
- Generate detailed reports to analyze progress and employee engagement.
- Record online as well as offline and off-site work.
- Monitor employee work across your workforce for better human capital management.
Here’s a closer look at what makes Time Doctor the perfect Kronos alternative:
A. Attendance And Timesheet Reports
Time Doctor features powerful Attendance and Timesheet reports to help you keep track of your workforce. Here’s a quick look at these reports:
1. Attendance Report
The Attendance Report features a detailed display of which employees are absent or late each day, as well as the reason why.
How does it work?
Each time an employee takes a leave or is late, they can enter Absent/Late Reasons by navigating to Payments > Edit Absent/Late Reasons through their Time Doctor web dashboard.
To access the report, just go to Reports > Attendance in the Time Doctor dashboard.
Managers and business owners can easily access, edit and delete these notes for any or all team members!
Time Doctor’s Attendance Reports are highly customizable, allowing you to decide multiple aspects such as:
- Which employees or team members are part of the report.
- The date range the report covers.
- Add or remove each line item via a simple check/uncheck.
- A final review of the report for additional edits before exporting it.
- The file format for the export (CSV or XLS).
2. Timesheet Report
The Timesheet report shows you the amount of time worked by selected employees over a specified day, week or custom time range.
Like every Time Doctor report, you can customize the Timesheet with several factors, including:
- Employees to be covered in the report.
- The duration and start and end dates for the time range the report covers.
- The tracked time for each employee, which you can edit in the Edit Time page.
- File format for exporting the report and whether you wish to print the report directly or save it first.
But these aren’t all of Time Doctor’s reports.
You also get other reports like:
- Projects Report: See how much time is spent on each task om a project-by-project basis
- Web & App Usage Reports: Know which websites and apps each employee used during their work hours.
- Timeline Reports: View a chronological breakdown of each day’s activity for any team member.
- Time Use Reports: Know the total time each employee worked over a given period.
- Poor Time Use Reports: Shows the potential poor time use for a team member. Time Doctor indicates poor time use when the user visits a non-work related website like social media.
B. Payroll Management
Time Doctor makes payroll management simpler for any employer, no matter what sort of business you run or manage. The Payroll feature helps you calculate payroll amounts for each employee and pay these easily.
You can set up the feature according to your business’ needs, customizing multiple factors such as:
- Payment periods or cycles.
- Payment frequency.
- Pay rates: fixed or monthly.
- The payment method.
- Preferred currency.
These factors can be customized for each employee for maximum flexibility!
Additionally, Time Doctor integrates with several popular payment platforms such as PayPal, TransferWise and Payoneer. These integrations help you pay all your employees without ever leaving your productivity and HR management software solution.
If you prefer, you can also choose an alternative payment platform of your choice.
C. Time Tracking
Time Doctor features a simple and powerful time tracking system to help you track your employees’ work hours.
To begin tracking time, simply open the Time Doctor app, enter the task name and click on the Start button. The app runs silently in the background so you can continue with your work as usual.
To stop tracking (when you’re done with work or just taking a break), just click on the Stop button.
As this is voluntary, your employees have full control over what’s being tracked — you don’t have to worry about any privacy mishaps.
D. Screenshot Monitoring (Optional)
Time tracking can tell you what tasks your employees are spending their time on.
However, if you need to monitor their work more closely, you’ll need a feature like Time Doctor’s Screenshot Monitoring.
It takes a screenshot of your employees’ screens at random intervals to illustrate their progress on the task being tracked.
To safeguard privacy, these screenshots can be viewed and managed by your employees. Any screenshots containing sensitive information can be deleted easily.
Not only does this encourage employees to use their work time more productively, but the privacy measures ensure that they consent to what data is recorded. This reduces concerns about personal data or information being exposed.
Note: Screenshot monitoring is optional and can be turned on or off for every employee individually.
- Detailed reports record employee attendance.
- Easy-to-use, simple interface.
- Create work schedules for your team.
- Accurate and simple time tracking.
- Strict privacy and security policies.
- Offline mode and manual time editing to record offline work.
- Distraction management features to maintain employees’ focus.
- Customizable reports which can be exported in PDF and CSV formats.
- Easy scalability to support all types of businesses.
- Integrates with workplace software like ClickUp, Google Apps, Slack and more.
- Compatible with Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Mobile apps for Android and iOS allow GPS tracking on the go.
Time Doctor plans start at $7/month per user. It offers a 14-day free trial, with no credit card required.
- G2: 4.3/5 (130+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
BambooHR is an HR software that makes it easy for SMBs to keep track of their workforce. However, it doesn’t allow you to track web and app usage for employees or monitor their progress via screenshots.
- Simple time tracking to monitor employee productivity.
- Detailed HR reports help analyze workforce profile.
- Efficient onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Tracks employee engagement and feedback with ease.
- Scalable employee database helps manage your workforce.
BambooHR offers two packages:
- Essentials: Custom pricing (contact BambooHR for a free quote) – Includes HR management + employee self-service + customer support features.
- Advantage: Custom pricing (contact BambooHR for a free quote) – Includes all “Essentials” features + hiring & onboarding + advanced reporting + integrations.
G2: 4.3/5 (500+ reviews)
Capterra: 4.5/5 (1000+ reviews)
Oracle offers several cloud software solutions and applications, such as the Oracle Cloud HCM, to address various human resource needs.
However, it doesn’t support productivity management features, like time tracking and distraction management. This limits your ability to identify any potential difficulties your employees could be facing.
- Payroll management supports easy calculations and payment.
- Workforce planning and compliance features.
- Talent management modules ranging from recruiting to compensation.
- Absence management helps track employee attendance.
- AI and digital assistant solutions improve company workflows.
Oracle Cloud HCM offers a human capital management suite, which includes 4 distinct products:
- Human Resources Suite: Offers workforce planning +digital assistant + advanced HCM controls.
- Talent Management: Includes recruiting + onboarding + compensation features.
- Workforce Management: Offers absence management + employee scheduling + health and safety measures.
- Payroll: Includes global payroll + payroll interface.
Contact Oracle sales for a custom pricing quote as per your needs.
Oracle HCM Cloud (the full suite)
- G2: See ratings below for each product
- Capterra: 3.8/5 (40+ reviews)
Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud
- G2: 3.7/5 (60+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Oracle Talent Management Cloud
- G2: 3.4/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
Oracle Workforce Management
- G2: 3.4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
4. Dayforce HCM
Dayforce HCM is an HR and workforce management software by Ceridian HCM. While it helps companies manage employees, Dayforce HCM lacks productivity management features to actually boost performance.
- Accessible and secure document management system.
- User-friendly and powerful dashboards keep you up-to-date.
- Easy employee scheduling features with compliance measures.
- Timesheets to help track time and attendance.
- Recruitment software solutions ensure that you hire the top talent.
Contact Ceridian to get a price quote for Dayforce HCM.
- G2: 4.2/5 (500+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (600+ reviews)
ADP is a payroll management and HR software provider that helps businesses manage their talent efficiently.
- Time tracking and attendance features help create employee schedules.
- Compliance measures ensure your company abides by workforce regulations.
- Benefits administration for paying employees easily.
- Data insights help managers improve employee engagement and performance.
- Payroll features designed to accommodate different company sizes.
Contact ADP sales to get a customized pricing quote for your business’ needs.
- G2: 4.1/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (4000+ reviews)
Paychex offers payroll and HR solutions for businesses of all sizes, though it specializes in human resource outsourcing for small businesses.
- Excellent time-keeping and scheduling features.
- Compliance services feature HR experts to keep your business in check.
- Simple recruitment and applicant tracking platform boosts hiring efficiency.
- Digital marketing services help increase customer bases.
- Employee benefits management for improving workforce morale.
Paychex offers 3 different payroll packages:
- Paychex Go: $59/month + $4/employee – Includes payroll features + analytics + accounting software integrations.
- Paychex Flex Select: Custom pricing – Includes “Paychex Go” features + mobile app + additional integrations.
- Paychex Flex Enterprise: Custom pricing – Includes “Paychex Flex Select” features + custom analytics and reporting + onboarding essentials + HR administration.
- G2: 4.2/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.1/5 (900+ reviews)
Infor’s CloudSuite HCM is a cloud-based HR solution that helps you manage workforce and talent.
- Benefits, absence and time entry management.
- Talent management features ease acquisition and onboarding.
- Payroll management helps pay your employees accurately.
- Workforce management features available as an add-on bundle.
- Advanced HCM analytics for further data insights.
Contact Infor to obtain a custom price quote for your business requirements.
- G2: 4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 3.7/5 (3 reviews)
Based on your human resource and performance management requirements, there are several Kronos competitors available in the market that can improve your HCM experience.
While the software solutions we covered here support HR management, Time Doctor is the ultimate software for boosting employee performance. Its advanced time and activity tracking features make it the perfect productivity solution for any business!
So why not sign up for Time Doctor and try it out for yourself?