Searching for an excellent Clicktime alternative?
Clicktime is a useful time tracking and employee productivity tool that’s used by companies to manage work time and record employee timesheets.
However, it has its fair share of drawbacks.
For example, it can’t track employees’ web and app activity usage and also lacks integrations with popular tools like GitHub, WordPress and Todoist. And these are just some of the issues highlighted in most Clicktime reviews.
To help you find a better timesheet and time tracking software, this article highlights the 5 best Clicktime alternatives available. We’ll explore their key features, pricing as well as ratings from user reviews to give you a clear picture of each tool.
This Article Contains:
(Click on the links below to jump to a specific section)
- 5 Key Aspects To Consider When Choosing Clicktime Alternatives
- 5 Best Clicktime Alternatives (includes key features, pricing, customer ratings)
Let’s get started.
5 Key Aspects To Consider When Choosing Clicktime Alternatives
As there are tons of time management software out there today, choosing the right time tracker can seem like an impossible task.
To make this task easier for you, here are 5 essential aspects to look out for while choosing the best Clicktime alternatives for your needs:
1. Ease Of Use
Your time tracking and workforce management software should make tracking time a piece of cake.
Think about it.
The software should help increase employee efficiency instead of making their job more difficult.
Ensure that your tracking tool:
- Has a user-friendly interface.
- Is easy to install and set up.
- Uses a simple time tracking or time clock system.
This way, your employees won’t have to waste valuable time figuring out how to use the software. Instead, they’ll be able to get started immediately and focus on their tasks at hand.
2. Productivity Management
Time tracking is important, but it’s not enough.
To accurately measure your company’s performance, your time management software needs to monitor your employees’ productivity as well.
This can be done with various features such as:
- Detailed reports and analytics about each employee’s productivity.
- Tracking app and web usage during work hours.
- Measuring idle time as well as productive time.
With the help of such features, you can identify ways to optimize your team’s productivity, as well as any barriers or distractions that may be interfering with their work.
3. Reports And Analytics
Powerful reports and data are an essential feature of any productivity management tool. It helps visualize and measure your team’s performance to improve your business efficiency over time.
Ideally, your time tracking software should give you detailed reports like:
- Tracked time/daily work hour reports.
- Productive and idle time reports.
- Web and app activity or usage.
Additionally, if you need to share this data with clients, stakeholders, etc. your tool should allow you to export your reports in popular file formats like CSV or PDF.
Most employees are hesitant about using time tracking software because they fear that it’ll track their personal data or activity!
To remove such concerns, your time tracking and productivity tool should have robust data security and privacy measures in place.
These can include:
- Employees having easy access and visibility to their recorded data.
- A manual time tracking system so employees can consent to the activities tracked.
- Compliance with data protection and privacy laws in your region.
Not only does this make employees more comfortable with your time tracking software, but it also helps you steer clear of privacy or data security issues.
To take full advantage of the various tools you use, your time tracking software should support several integrations with other platforms.
This helps streamline your workflow and manage your team’s productivity across multiple tools with ease.
Supported integrations could include:
- A project management tool like Basecamp, Trello or Jira.
- Productivity suites such as Google Apps and Office 365.
- Task management platforms including Evernote and Todoist.
- A Google Chrome extension to track time easily.
5 Best Clicktime Alternatives In 2020
Now that you know which features to keep an eye out for, let’s take a look at the best Clicktime alternatives available today:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is an all-in-one time tracking and productivity management tool used by huge firms, like Verizon, as well as by small businesses, such as FireHouse Subs, to boost employee time management and productivity.
Time Doctor helps you:
- Easily track productive and idle time for each employee.
- Analyze productivity through ratings and detailed reports.
- Pay your employees with powerful payroll management.
- Streamline your workflows across various platforms.
- Track time on the go with a feature-rich Android mobile app.
Let’s take a closer look at some of Time Doctor’s key features that make it the ultimate Click time alternative:
A. Simple Time Tracking
Time Doctor makes time tracking extremely easy, allowing you to get started immediately.
All you have to do is:
- Download the Time Doctor desktop app.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- If your company has enabled task tracking, enter your task and project.
- Click on the Start button to start tracking your work.
Now you can continue with your work as usual — the Time Doctor tracking app runs silently in the background to help you maintain focus.
To stop tracking time or to take a short break, simply click on the Stop button. That’s all!
Note: For added flexibility, admins/managers can also enable Time Doctor’s automatic time tracking feature for their teams.
B. Idle Times
Time Doctor helps you measure employee productivity by tracking idle minutes and seconds.
An idle minute is an entire minute without any keyboard or mouse activity, while an idle second is each second without any keyboard or mouse activity.
The Time Doctor tracker app reports data on the percentage of minutes/seconds of employee hours spent without any activity.
By analyzing idle times for employees in similar roles, or an individual employee’s idle time trends over time, you can make an estimate of their productivity levels. This can help you address any productivity barriers that might be slowing down your business activities.
Note: To safeguard privacy, Time Doctor does not record what keystrokes or clicks are made. It can only detect whether there has been any keyboard and mouse activity or not.
C. Productivity Ratings
While idle time can give you an approximate measure of each employee’s productivity levels, that measurement alone is not enough.
To help you further calculate your team productivity, Time Doctor can measure employee productivity based on their web and app usage during work hours.
How does this work?
Each website or application is given one out of four possible Productivity Ratings:
These ratings are customizable, with flexible configurations for each website/application for your entire company, teams, or even individual employees.
For example, you could categorize Google Apps or Microsoft Office as productive, social media or gaming websites as unproductive and so on.
Time Doctor tracks the amount of time spent on websites and apps in each Productivity Rating to help you determine your employees’ productivity levels.
This is a great way for you to identify your most productive employees and address distractions that may be affecting your team productivity.
Note: Only managers, admins and business owners can edit or customize Productivity Ratings.
D. Powerful Reports
Time Doctor gives you powerful reports and data to help you analyze employee time and performance.
Here’s a brief overview of the various reports Time Doctor provides:
- Activity Summary Report: Breaks down tracked time by activity levels for each employee. Only managers/admins can access this report.
- Hours Tracked: Displays how many work hours each user tracked over a set period of time.
- Productivity: Calculates productive and unproductive time for each employee over a date range, based on your Productivity Ratings.
Projects & Tasks: Shows how much time an employee spent on each project/task.
- Timeline: Displays a chronological breakdown of the work hours tracked by one user.
- Timeline – Detailed: Similar to the Timeline report but shows more details, such as task breakdowns and start/end times.
- Web and App Usage: Shows the exact time spent on each website or application.
Time Doctor makes it super easy to pay your employees right from your time tracking and workforce management software!
The Payroll Management feature on Time Doctor can be customized with several settings, such as:
- Enable integrated payment methods such as PayPal or Transferwise.
- Select users/employees to include in the payroll.
- The date range for the payroll.
- The payment currency for each user.
- Add or deduct adjustments.
- Pay rates for each person.Payment methods for each person.
You can even export your payroll as a CSV file to upload to your preferred payment method or make a manual payment.
Time Doctor integrates with dozens of other workplace apps to simplify your employee management workflow.
Some of the popular integrations you can set up for your Time Doctor account:
- Project management software: Zoho Projects, Basecamp, Trello.
- Customer service: Freshdesk, Zoho Desk.
- Productivity suites: Google Apps, Office 365.
- CRMs: Hubspot, Salesforce, Pipedrive.
- User-friendly interface.
- Easy and accurate time tracking.
- Detailed reports to help you analyze performance.
- Extensive integrations to streamline your workflow.
- Payroll management helps pay your employees with ease-of-use.
- Productivity tracking and management to optimize efficiency.
- Connect Time Doctor’s API to your own application.
- Categorize websites as productive or unproductive.
- Optional screencasts feature for additional productivity monitoring.
- Easy installation and setup.
- Add clients into your Time Doctor account and customize what they can see.
- Task management features help stay on top of your projects.
- Silent and interactive modes to suit your needs.
- Robust integrations with various team collaboration software.
- Features a Chrome browser extension.
- Powerful desktop apps for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Time Doctor offers 3 pricing plans to suit your business needs:
- Basic: $7/user per month – offers time tracking + task management + unlimited screenshots + activity tracking.
- Standard: $10/user per month – includes “Basic” features + payroll + integrations.
- Premium: $20/user per month – includes “Standard” features + client login access + concierge account setup.
Time Doctor also offers a 14-day free trial, no credit card required.
- G2: 4.3/5 (140+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
ADP is a payroll management and time tracking software that makes employee scheduling easy. But it lacks activity tracking features to tell you exactly how employees are spending their time.
- Payroll management helps pay in-house, remote staff or freelancers accurately.
- Compliance measures for work-hour regulations.
- Data and reporting insights keep managers up to date on performance.
- Automatic time tracking reduces the scope for manual error.
- Onboarding platform makes hiring easy and efficient.
Contact ADP for a custom pricing quote as per your needs.
- G2: 4.1/5 (2000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (4000+ reviews)
TSheets is a time tracking and management software with robust payroll and invoicing features. However, it lacks extensive integrations with popular applications.
- Feature-rich mobile app supports GPS tracking for off-site work.
- Simple time tracking makes clocking in and out easy.
- Real-time reports can be easily exported to other programs.
- QuickBooks integration allows you to sync your customers with ease.
- Automate scheduling features help manage your employees’ work hours.
TSheets is available at two different pricing tiers:
- Premium: $8/user per month – includes time tracking + mobile device app + QuickBooks integration + real-time reporting.
- Elite: $10/user per month – includes “Premium” features + project estimates + activity feed + geofencing.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1000+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (5000+ reviews)
TimeCamp is a powerful time management and tracking software, but it suffers from some inflexible reporting.
- Automatic time tracking supported by calendar integration.
- Project profitability, project costs and expense tracking/expense management.
- GPS location tracking via the Android or iOS app for a mobile/iOS device like the iPad.
- Automatically generates invoices for billing each client.
- Activity tracking tells you where your employees spend most of their productive time.
TimeCamp offers 4 pricing plans for varying business requirements:
- Solo: Free – supports basic time tracking + productivity reports + unlimited projects and tasks.
- Basic: $7/user per month – includes “Solo” features + integrations + billable hours.
- Pro: $10/user per month – includes “Basic” features + invoicing + timesheet approvals.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing – includes “Pro” features + dedicated customer support + single sign-on (SSO).
- G2: 4.7/5 (100+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (500+ reviews)
5. Zoho People
Zoho People is a time tracking software solution that can help you out with resource planning and workforce management. However, the platform focuses more on HR needs than productivity or resource management and does not offer time tracking in its basic pricing tiers.
- Zoho Invoice and Quickbooks integration make invoice generation easy.
- Job scheduling and progress tracking to stay up to date with your team.
- Advanced reporting and analytics help keep track of employee productivity.
- Mobile app for tracking online time on the go.
- Leave and attendance tracking for your workforce management needs.
Zoho People is available in 5 different editions at various price ranges:
- Free: supports 5 users + employee database + document management + reports.
- Essential HR: $1/ employee per month – includes “Free” features + unlimited admins + advanced automation + free onboarding sessions.
- Professional: $2/ employee per month – includes “Essential HR” features + attendance tracking + time tracking + biometric integrations.
- Premium: $3/employee per month – includes “Professional” features + scheduling + goals + Zoho reports integration.
- Enterprise: $5/employee per month – includes “Premium” features” + 360 and multi-rater feedback + query management.
- G2: 4.2/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (100+ reviews)
Time tracking and productivity management software have never been as powerful as they are today. However, to truly take your workforce management to the next level, a tool like Clicktime isn’t enough — it can’t track employee activity and lacks important integrations.
Instead, you need a powerful tool like the five we mentioned here.
While each of them brings their own unique features to the table, Time Doctor is the most comprehensive solution among them.
With dozens of supported integrations, a simple user-interface and advanced productivity features, Time Doctor is the perfect time tracking solution for any business today.
So why not sign up for a 14-day free trial and try it out today?