Efficiency is key to keeping a call center up and running.
And one of the easiest ways to boost call center efficiency is by using call center workforce management software.
A workforce management software can help you schedule the right agents to the right seats at the right time. It can also assist with accurate call volume forecasting, workforce analysis, and real-time staffing adjustments.
Wondering which software will be the best for your call center?
Don’t worry. We’ve done the groundwork for you.
In this article, we’ll explore the top 10 call center workforce management software, along with their key features, pricing, and customer ratings. We’ll also discuss the 4 key benefits of using workforce management software.
This Article Contains:
(Click on a link below to jump to a specific section)
- 10 Excellent Call Center Workforce Management Software
- What are the Benefits of Workforce Management Software?
Let’s get started.
10 Excellent Call Center Workforce Management Software
Here’re our picks for the top call center workforce management software available today:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a robust employee time tracking and workforce management software used by major companies, like Verizon and Ericsson, and SMBs, such as Thrive Market.
Whether you have an on-premise customer service department or need remote team management, Time Doctor is the tool for you.
In a call center or contact center, the software can help you accurately track employee time, attendance data, and payroll with ease. It can also empower agents to take control of their personal time management and improve performance.
Let’s see what makes Time Doctor an excellent call center workforce management solution:
Here are some of Time Doctor’s key features:
A. Time Tracking
For maximum functionality, Time Doctor offers both manual and automatic time tracking.
Agents can use it on their computers, tablets, and mobiles to track time online and offline. They can even edit time manually.
Here’s how to use the manual time tracker:
- Open Time Doctor’s desktop app and enter the task’s name you’ll be working on.
- Click Start to begin tracking time.
- If you need to take a break or have finished the task, click Stop to stop the timer.
You can also enable the automatic time tracker to start tracking time when agents turn on their computers. This way, they won’t have to worry about starting/stopping the timer while managing multiple customer interactions.
B. Shifts and Schedules
Time Doctor’s employee scheduling feature allows admins and managers to manage agent work schedules and shifts.
With the scheduling feature, you can:
- Add, edit, or delete single shifts.
- Bulk delete selected shifts.
- Pick different agent schedules for different employees.
- Generate and share work schedules in CSV file format.
- Set permissions to view, add or edit agent schedules.
C. Productivity Reports
Time Doctor gives you access to comprehensive real–time productivity reports to evaluate agent productivity.
Some of the reports you can generate using this WFM software (Workforce Management Software) include:
- Attendance Report: See which agents are present, absent, partially absent, or late.
- Activity Summary: View the active minutes, active seconds, unproductive, manual, and mobile time for each agent over a selected period.
- Hours tracked: See how many hours your agents have tracked per day, per week, or for any selected date range.
- Web and App Usage: Check the time spent by agents on different websites and applications to ensure they’re spending their time productively.
- Projects and Tasks: See the time agents spent on individual projects and tasks.
- Timeline Report: Get daily and weekly reports to view the time agents spend on tasks for better workforce management.
- Internet Connectivity: See total time offline and the percentage of the day spent offline by each agent.
- Custom Export Report: Create customized reports to see only the data you require.
With Time Doctor, you can quickly generate payroll at any point and for any agent.
The payroll feature also lets you:
- Approve employee timesheets manually or automatically.
- Select date range, currencies, payment method, and pay rates for each agent.
E. Screencasts (optional)
Time Doctor lets you take screenshots of your agent’s computer screens to monitor work activity. It even gives you insights into mouse and keyboard activity levels.
You can also:
- Download the (selected) screencasts.
- Change the timezone.
- View only the screencasts with low/no activity.
However, Time Doctor also protects employee privacy by letting you blur or delete screenshots with sensitive information.
Note: Time Doctor is not a keylogger. It only checks if any keys were pressed or not to determine inactivity.
F. Chrome Integration
Time Doctor’s powerful Chrome integration not only lets you manage your workforce better but also offers workforce optimization by integrating with project management tools like Asana, Slack, and Basecamp.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- The extension will add a “Start/Stop” button within your selected project management tool.
- You can then create a task and track time in the Time Doctor desktop app.
But that’s not all.
Here’re some of the other perks of using Time Doctor for workforce management:
- User-friendly and intuitive interface.
- Supports offline time tracking.
- Provides idle time reports on each employee.
- Lets you set ‘productivity ratings’ for websites to track employees’ unproductive time.
- Includes employee friendly productivity management settings.
- Lets you assign tasks and projects to team members.
- Has strict privacy and data security policies.
- Has a dedicated Android app and desktop apps for Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu.
Time Doctor’s paid plans start as low as $7/user per month. There’s also a free 14-day trial (no credit card required).
- G2: 4.4/5 (235+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (370+ reviews)
Alvaria is a workforce management software that can help increase your call center’s operational efficiency.
You can use it to optimize labor costs, manage staffing capacity, and improve your call center’s service level. This workforce management software also facilitates easy employee scheduling for voice, chat, email, and other customer interaction channels.
- Supports accurate forecasting, tracking, and agent scheduling.
- Provides estimates of staff requirements across skill levels and channels.
- Offers advanced networking capabilities for centers that have contacts across sites.
- The self-service portal lets employees enter their scheduling preferences, request time-off, trade shifts, view agent schedules, etc.
Pricing for this workforce management software is available on request.
- G2: 4.1/5 (215+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2 (235+ reviews)
3. NICE CXone
NICE CXone is a workforce management software with an AI-based omnichannel forecasting engine. It can help call centers increase customer satisfaction levels by connecting businesses with their customers via multiple channels.
This call center solution also helps drive employee engagement by identifying intraday gaps, managing schedule change processes, and personalizing self scheduling.
- Uses the AI Best Pick™ technology for forecasting and scheduling.
- Offers options for trade requests and shift bidding.
- Supports automated workflows and intraday re-forecasting.
- Gives access to mobile self-scheduling.
You can contact sales for the pricing of this WFM solution.
- G2: 4.3/5 (1250+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (505+ reviews)
Calabrio is a call center workforce management software that facilitates performance management via customized reporting and automation.
You can also use this WFM tool for speech analytics and quality management by accessing and evaluating your customer interactions.
- Offers multi-skill and multi-channel forecasting.
- A built-in scheduling optimization engine simplifies employee planning.
- Prevents overstaffing by predicting call volume spikes and lulls based on historical data.
- Supports gamification so agents can earn badges based on quality scores and schedule adherence.
Contact the sales team for the pricing of this WFM software.
- G2: 4.4/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
5. Genesys Multicloud CX
Genesys Multicloud CX is a workforce management software that uses artificial intelligence to forecast and create flexible work schedules.
The software has an automated routing mechanism that easily allocates the right agent to the right customer. This simplifies task allocations while improving the customer experience.
- Offers AI-based forecasting and scheduling.
- Integrates gamification to help employees meet service level objectives with ease.
- Supports smartphone compatibility for agents to schedule, submit, and manage time-offs.
- Offers call recording and speech analytics to recognize workforce training opportunities.
Pricing plans for this workforce management tool start at $75/user per month.
- G2: 4.3/5 (400+ reviews)
- Capterra: N/A
6. Verint Monet WFO
Verint Monet WFO is a WFM system that offers workforce optimization (WFO), quality management, performance management, and analytics. It facilitates workforce forecasting and agent scheduling, helping call centers balance staffing levels and labor cost.
- Updates shift and vacation bidding based on performance.
- Allows flexible time-off requests and shift swaps.
- Tracks backlogged client requests to ensure agents prioritize them.
- Offers automatically triggered coaching sessions.
Pricing of this WFM tool is available on request.
- G2: 3.9/5 (25+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (5+ reviews)
Talkdesk is a cloud based workforce optimization tool with an easy-to-use interface. It helps you make AI-based staffing and scheduling decisions for better agent engagement.
This WFM software can also help improve customer experience by offering interactive voice response (IVR), skill-set based routing, and automatic call distribution (ACD).
- Serves as a workforce analyst by offering data-based forecasts.
- Offers automated, skills-based scheduling to meet staffing needs.
- Offers customizable dashboards to compare key metrics and visualize agent performance.
- Integrates a chatbot to process change requests quickly.
Pricing plans of this WFM solution start at $65/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (1490+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (665+ reviews)
RingCentral is a workforce management system with a customizable dashboard to track and measure agent performance in a call center or cloud contact center.
It helps with schedule adherence by letting you plan your team’s hours according to traffic volumes, vacations, or training.
- Offers skill-based routing and automatic call distribution.
- Incentivizes better customer service with gamification.
- Offers intelligent text and speech analytics for training opportunities.
- Has customizable dashboards to monitor agent performance in real-time.
Contact the sales team for the pricing of this workforce management software.
- G2: 3.9/5 (85+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (155+ reviews)
9. 8×8 Contact Center
8×8 Contact Center is a cloud based WFM solution that makes collaboration with agents, employees, and customers a breeze. This contact center workforce management tool offers advanced analytics and integration with major CRM tools.
- Enables omnichannel routing based on agent skills.
- Provides forecasts to manage intraday staffing and creates automated schedules based on arrival patterns.
- Speech analytics provide valuable data on each client interaction.
- Customizable dashboards help monitor and track schedule adherence.
Its paid plans start at $125/user per month.
- G2: 4.1/5 (20+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.0/5 (15+ reviews)
Five9 is another cloud based software that uses AI, automation, and cloud capabilities to improve workforce management and operational efficiency.
It offers a powerful suite of tools to improve agent engagement and agent satisfaction. You can also use this WFM system for quality management, analytics, performance management, etc.
- Offers multi-skill, multi-channel forecasts for workforce optimization.
- Supports schedule bidding and automated preferences scheduling functionalities.
- Provides self-service tools for request changes, vacation, and overtime.
- Integrates with CRM software solutions like Salesforce, Zendesk, etc.
Pricing is available on request.
- G2: 3.9/5 (250+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (390+ reviews)
Now that you know what the best call center workforce management software offer, let’s also understand the benefits of using one.
What are the Benefits of Workforce Management Software?
Here are four advantages of using workforce management software in a call center or contact center:
1. Measure Improvement on Key Metrics
Some WFM tools allow forecasting and skills-based routing to allocate the right agents to specific inbound calls.
This can help improve customer experience by resolving queries faster. It also helps boost your operational efficiency.
And with the WFM system powering your call center, you can easily register such improvements in terms of your financial KPI and other key metrics.
2. Offer Better Employee Engagement
Workforce management software helps you track employee working hours using desktop and mobile apps.
This way, you can identify who’s overworking, who can handle a larger workload, etc. You can then ensure that agents get sufficient work breaks, time-offs, options to switch shifts, etc.
It not only prevents employee burnout but also keeps employees motivated to go beyond their capabilities and provide a better customer experience.
3. Reduce Labor Cost
Some workforce management tools can forecast the number of calls a center will receive in a month. You can reassign agents based on the analytics to balance out customer requests and available agents.
This way, you can save on wages and reduce operational costs by preventing overstaffing.
4. Eliminate Payroll Errors
You can use a workforce management system to streamline the payroll process. The best software will record agents’ working hours accurately and let you generate payroll automatically.
It’s particularly useful when calculating billable hours, reducing manual work significantly while preventing human errors or conflicts.
Workforce management software can be a game-changer in any call center where quick response to incoming requests is critical.
You can use it for workforce optimization, better agent engagement, streamlined workflows, and accurate reporting. Similarly, call center agents can use such platforms to track their productive work hours, self-schedule, receive feedback, or submit time-off requests.
Why wait then?Try out one of these WFM tools, like Time Doctor, and ensure your call center’s workforce management happens in the best possible way.
Lauren Soucy is the VP of Marketing for Time Doctor, the world’s leading time tracking and productivity software. She has 15+ years of experience in marketing at fast-paced companies. Her first passion is SEO, she can’t start her day without coffee, and she enjoys spending time at the beach with her two boys and her husband.