Want to know about call center screen monitoring?
Call centers play an essential role in customer service. They not only help you manage customer call volume but simplify various business processes.
However, with customer demands constantly changing, it’s important to be prepared. And including screen monitoring into your call center workflows help you do just that.
In this article, we’ll cover what is call center screen monitoring and the benefits they provide.
We’ll also highlight the ten best screen monitoring tools for call centers, along with their key features, pricing plans, and customer ratings.
This Article Contains:
(click on the links to jump to a specific section)
- What Is Call Center Screen Monitoring?
- 4 Key Benefits Of Screen Monitoring For Call Centers
- Top 10 Call Center Screen Monitoring Tools
Let’s get started.
What Is Call Center Screen Monitoring?
Call center screen monitoring refers to real-time monitoring and recording of the call center agent’s desktop. Usually, screen monitoring is done during customer interactions ensuring the privacy of customers and agents.
Monitoring customer service conversations help you identify important issues, product improvement opportunities and enhance customer experience.
You can also:
- Get context for escalated calls.
- Monitor new agents during their initial calls.
- Use recorded calls for coaching purposes.
- Optimize call handling processes.
However, capturing and handling a large volume of call recordings manually can become tedious. That’s why using screen recording software is a better alternative.
A screen recording software allows you to easily monitor and record all customer interactions. In some cases, they even automate recording as soon as a call is established.
4 Key Benefits Of Screen Recording For Call Centers
Let’s take a look at why including screen monitoring in your contact center workflows is beneficial.
1. Improves Agent Performance
Screen recordings can provide quality management insights that you can use to create teaching materials to train new agents and coach existing ones.
All you have to do is collect instances of great contact center performance by your agents. But instead of providing a summary of the example, you can directly use the related screen recording as a coaching resource.
Practicing this example-based coaching doesn’t just lead to better call outcomes but improved customer service and agent productivity.
Additionally, seeing such results help you motivate and retain your top performers.
2. Provides Useful Insights
When it comes to enhancing customer service, screen recordings are an invaluable asset. They provide complete visibility into all agent-customer interactions.
And if combined with useful analysis, these individual conversations can help you identify important metadata and trends — which can be a transformative source of business insights.
Here are a few examples:
- Picking frequently requested features.
- Identifying strong customer feedback.
- Spotting unknown bug or user-interface issues.
The data collected from the recordings can help you optimize your existing product, develop a new one, or even use it for marketing campaigns.
3. Minimize Legal Risks
In a contact center, it’s mandatory for call center agents to clearly and accurately state legal disclosures and at an appropriate time in every conversation. This keeps your customers informed and reduces legal liability.
Screen and call recording helps center managers ensure that fundamental business requirements like obtaining consent and communicating legal statements are being followed strictly.
Moreover, you can use these screen recordings to counter unlawful claims made by customers against your organization or agent.
4. Helps Create Case Studies
Keeping an account of successful troubleshooting is crucial, especially if it was a challenging situation.
And the best way to do that is by creating case studies.
Case studies provide detailed information, research and help you deal with unusual problems.
Screen recordings can help you:
- Provide insights into specific customer interactions.
- Gather positive testimonials.
- Identify the exact technique that helped in resolving issues.
- Compile examples of effective solutions.
Compiling such case studies can also help to train your agents beforehand.
Top 10 Call Center Screen Monitoring Tools
Here’s a list of ten call center screen monitoring tools that’ll help you quickly record any customer call in 2021:
1. Bright Pattern
Bright Pattern is a cloud-based contact center platform that helps medium businesses and enterprises manage their services. It offers features like inbound and outbound calls, chat, web support, social media, and service desks.
- Call transcripts in a customer’s activity history help agents understand the meaning of phone calls quickly, in their context.
- Dropped calls conversation continuity to connect to the same agent if dialed within a few minutes.
- Supports pre-recording of frequent messages for improving efficiency.
- Automatic routing of incoming calls based on interactions, skills, region, and more.
- Sentiment analysis and tracking of calls to follow-up on problematic conversations.
- Predictive dialer to make outbound calls in an efficient and streamlined way.
Bright Pattern offers three pricing plans: Voice Select, Pro Package, and Premium Package. Pricing available on request.
- G2: 4.2/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (90+ reviews)
2. LiveVox WFO
LiveVox is a contact center software that integrates omnichannel communications, CRM (customer relationship management), and WFO (workforce optimization) features to enhance customer experience while reducing compliance risk.
- Easily search, view, score, and report multi-channel customer interactions.
- Ability to automate schedules by balancing shift rules, work hours, breaks, off times, and skills.
- Create and implement post-call customer satisfaction surveys to record relevant KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and other metrics.
- Provides a user-friendly drag and drop interface for creating reports.
- Offers customizable training and eLearning programs, recorded calls, and performance reports.
- Automatically analyze and score interactions with advanced AI for risk reduction and agent training.
Contact Livevox for pricing information.
- G2: 4.1/5 (4+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (15+ reviews)
Five9 is an AI-driven, all-in-one cloud contact center solution for unified communications support like inbound, outbound, and blended.
It enables in-office as well as a remote agent to provide customer support over the phone system, email, chat, mobile, social media, and more.
- Supports full-length recording of customer interactions along with agent screens.
- Interaction analytics to detect trends, automate the quality process, and identify good and bad customer service instances.
- Post-interaction surveys via email or SMS, including advanced analysis of metrics like CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Score), NPS (Net Promoter Score).
- Workforce management to optimize staffing based on accurate multi-skill, multi-channel forecasts and schedules, and more.
- Agent call scripting for delivering consistent messages to contacts.
- Integrates with CRMs like Salesforce, Zendesk, Oracle, and ServiceNow.
Five9 offers four pricing bundles: Core, Premium, Optimum, and Ultimate.
Pricing available on request.
- G2: 3.9/5 (235+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.2/5 (380+ reviews)
4. Verint Monet WFO
Verint Monet WFO is a cloud-based workforce optimization platform that includes workforce management, quality management, performance management, and analytics.
- Helps create effective schedules for handling incoming call volumes.
- Track, analyze, and manage agent performance to optimize customer service.
- Voice and screen recording with playback and call scoring for quality monitoring.
- Uses multiple question types, complex branching, and section weighting for creating the best evaluation criteria for your organization.
- Offers easy agent management through a single employee profile list.
- Integrates with 60+ CCI (contact center infrastructure) and CRMs like Cisco.
Pricing quote available on request.
- G2: 3.8/5 (5+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (15+ reviews)
5. Aspect Via
Aspect Via is a contact center platform suitable for large enterprises that offer contact management and workforce optimization features.
Its cloud-neutral technology enables businesses to choose among cloud, hosted, or hybrid deployment environments.
- Ability to monitor agents’ live calls and screen activity.
- Supports staff scheduling and shift trading.
- Widget and dashboard for quickly accessing tasks and other key information.
- Intraday tracking for ensuring the best agents are available during the set schedule.
- Offers a mobile app for agents or a team leader to access customer data from anywhere along with real-time notifications.
Pricing available on request.
- G2: 4.4/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (3+ reviews)
VSLogger by Versadial is a call recording solution that offers its services across industries like call centers, financial institutions, insurance agencies, law practices, and government organizations.
It provides call recording, live performance dashboards, screen capture, workflow optimization, reporting capabilities, and more.
- Trigger automatic screen capture on answering the phone call.
- Option to black out sensitive caller information from screen recordings.
- Can simultaneously screen record up to two monitors.
- Can synchronize audio and video playback for enhanced agent and customer interaction evaluation.
- Ability to perform speech-to-text conversion and search-by-word or phrase from audio recordings.
Contact the support team for a pricing quote.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
7. Enghouse Interactive
Enghouse Interactive’s customer interaction management solution helps businesses enhance their regular contact center processes.
It offers functionalities like omnichannel support, universal queue, and interaction history. It also helps improve customer service with the help of call recordings, real-time feedback, and agent evaluation.
- Supports live monitoring and playback for all phone calls within the organization.
- Ability to record both phone calls and computer screens to capture the entire interaction.
- Multiple channel customer support via email, webchat, and social media, to traditional desk phone support.
- Speech-to-text transcription for converting any voice recording into a searchable text document.
- Text analytics to provide a comprehensive and complete view of the key topics raised by customers during calls.
Pricing available on request.
- G2: 4.6/5 (4+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (7+ reviews)
Talkdesk is a call center solution that provides services like interactive voice response (IVR), automatic call distribution (ACD), and skills-based call routing. It helps businesses enhance customer satisfaction along with reducing customer support costs.
- Intelligent call routing that directs calls to the most skilled agent.
- Automated workflows for reducing call handling times.
- Encrypted voice and screen recording for identifying improvement opportunities.
- CSAT surveys and mood assessments to capture caller sentiments.
- One-click agent-to-agent calling for facilitating collaboration.
- Supports integrations with 30+ online tools like Microsoft Teams and Slack.
Pricing available on request.
- G2: 4.6/5 (660+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (1200+ reviews)
Zendesk is a help desk management platform that helps businesses create a customer service portal, knowledge base and set up online communities.
This solution offers functionalities like a customizable portal, live chat and also integrates with online applications like Salesforce and Google Analytics.
- Provides customer support over messaging, live chat, voice, social, and email.
- Create, view, and share screen recordings via the Breakout Room app.
- Agent workspace to easily track, prioritize, and respond to customers.
- Routing and intelligence for directing tickets to the right agent for a quick resolution.
- Analyze, monitor, and get actionable insight into customer needs with analytics and reporting.
- Help center and community forum to enable customers to resolve issues themselves.
Pricing plans for Zendesk customer service start at $19/agent (foundational support only).
- G2: 4.2/5 (2200+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (2500+ reviews)
10. Dialpad Talk
Dialpad provides a cloud-based call center with access to real-time customer insights. It allows users to onboard quickly and focus on delivering a great customer experience.
This call monitoring tool offers features like real-time call transcription, live customer sentiment, and live agent coaching.
- Supports laptops, tablets, and smartphones to make calls.
- Can easily provision users, assign them phone numbers, sync their contacts, and establish their permission.
- Voice intelligence that automatically captures what was said and by who on each call.
- Offers Dialpad Business Phone App to make, receive, transfer calls, and more from anywhere.
- Intuitive voicemail system for handling missed calls and accessing messages.
- Integrates with tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, Slack, and more.
Dialpad’s pricing plans start at $20/month per user for one license minimum. It also offers a 14-day free trial.
- G2: 4.3/5 (670+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (400+ reviews)
Sure, answering all your customer calls is important but monitoring them is crucial.
Screen monitoring helps you find improvement opportunities and reduce legal liabilities. And call center screen monitoring software enables you to do just that.
A great call center screen monitoring tool helps you provide 24/7 call support, reduce abandoned calls instances, and meet service level goals.
Go through the tools mentioned here and find the tool that suits your organization best.
Use call center screen monitoring today and enhance customer service with ease!
Liam Martin is a co-founder of Time Doctor—a time tracking and productivity monitoring software designed for tracking hours and productivity of remote teams.