Looking for the best attendance tracking software?
Tracking employees’ attendance can be tiring. You need to keep a tab on employee time entries and leave applications so that you can calculate payroll accordingly.
However, with the right tracking tool, employee attendance tracking becomes a piece-of-cake.
In this article, we’ll check out the best attendance tracking software available today. We’ll also cover how employee attendance tracking software benefits businesses.
This Article Includes:
(Click on the link to jump to a particular section)
- What Is Attendance Management?
- The Best Attendance Tracking Software
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Attendance Tracking Software?
Let’s get started.
What Is Attendance Management?
Attendance management involves tracking and recording employee attendance.
Some of the popular attendance tracking methods include:
- Manual Recording: Track attendance manually by noting it down on paper.
- Excel Spreadsheets: Input attendance data manually into the software.
- Biometric Attendance Devices: Track attendance using different physical characteristics of employees (fingerprints, retina scan, etc.)
- Attendance Management Software: Record attendance automatically when employees turn on on their system.
However, attendance management software is the best option as it streamlines the process and offers additional features like timekeeping, payroll calculation, shift scheduling, and more.
The Best Attendance Tracking Software In 2021
There are several employee attendance software that track employee attendance and manage time-off.
Here are ten of the best attendance tracking software available in 2021:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a powerful performance management and time tracking software that’s used by small firms like Thrive Market as well as huge companies like Verizon to track attendance and boost productivity across the organization.
Let’s look at the main features of Time Doctor:
A. Manual Time Tracking
By tracking time, you can ensure that your employees spend their time productively and take steps to improve the team’s output.
With Time Doctor, an employee can ‘Start’ and ‘Stop’ the time tracker when they want to log time.
This way, the employee has complete control over when the tracker runs — helping you avoid privacy concerns.
B. Comprehensive Reports
Time Doctor automatically generates powerful time and productivity reports that help gain insights into an employee’s workday.
Let’s take a look at these reports:
1. Attendance Reports
Time Doctor’s attendance reports give you a detailed view of who is absent, when, and why.
You can analyze your employees’ attendance trends and detect issues like absenteeism or tardiness from attendance reports.
The attendance software also allows employees to enter the reason for their absence.
When you know why your employee is chronically absent, you can have a chat with them and figure out ways to improve attendance.
2. Timesheet Reports
Timesheet reports display the amount of billable time an employee works in a day or over any time period. You can also export these reports in an Excel or CSV format.
Apart from time and attendance reports, you also get detailed reports such as:
- Time Use Reports: View the time spent by an employee on each task for a particular period of time.
- Timeline Daily Reports: Know how employees spend their time in a day.
- Web and App Usage Reports: See the websites and apps an employee visits over a period of time (day, month, or any time frame).
- Poor Time Use Reports: Check if an employee is spending too much time on unproductive websites.
- Project Reports: See how much time an employee spends on a project or task.
C. Smart Payroll Management
This tracking software lets you calculate payroll based on how long employees work and the hourly/fixed rate you set.
This way, you can calculate payroll accurately and pay only for the employee’s billable hours.
Some of Time Doctor’s other payroll management features include:
- Payroll Customization: Set pay rates for different dates and change currencies depending on countries.
- Timesheet Automation: Automate timesheets to pay your employees regularly.
- Bulk Billing: Process and upload timesheets of all your team members to bill in one go.
- Timesheet Approval: Approve timesheets automatically or manually.
- Payroll Integrations: Integrate Time Doctor with payroll software like Paypal, TransferWise, and Payoneer.
D. Flexible Work Schedules
Time Doctor lets you set schedules for each employee and records the time they attend their shifts.
The software automatically marks employees who reach on time as ‘Present.’ If an employee is late, they’re marked as ‘Partially Absent.’ And if they don’t show up, they are ‘Absent.’
You can also:
- Create different schedules for every team member.
- Set the same schedule for different employees.
- Edit schedules in bulk.
- Set a minimum number of hours an employee must work.
E. Powerful Distraction Management Features
Employees might incorrectly report their working hours, even when they use the time tracker.
They might be spending time on social media, distracting mobile apps, or non-work sites while they’re tracking time.
Fortunately, Time Doctor monitors their app and website activity.
When an employee browses through social media (or other non-work related sites), Time Doctor sends a pop-up that asks them whether they’re still working.
This nudge is enough to help team members to avoid wasting time — so that they can get back to work.
- Track time for remote, on-field, and onsite team members.
- Assign permanent tasks to employees.
- Take screenshots of an employee’s screen for advanced productivity monitoring.
- Give clients access to view reports.
- Integrate with other tools like Asana, Basecamp, etc., and simplify all business tasks.
- Desktop app for Windows, Mac, and Linux OS.
- Has a powerful Chrome extension.
- Robust iOS and Android app for flexible attendance management.
Time Doctor offers a 14-day free trial that doesn’t require any credit card details. Its paid plans start as low as $8/user per month.
- G2: 4.4/5 (170+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (300+ reviews)
Bitrix24 is an all-in-one software that provides social collaboration, communication, and management functionalities for your team.
It tracks your team members’ workload, time worked, and attendance. This app can also help you save time by merging with payroll and other human resource tools.
- Set flexible or strict start and end times for shifts.
- Create the employee and team timesheets with the hourly payroll calculator integration.
- Generate detailed efficiency reports which highlight the productivity of the company at all levels.
Bitrix24 offers a free plan with limited features. Paid plans start at $24/user per month for two users. They also provide on-premise solutions that start at $1490 for a maximum of 12 users.
- G2: 4.1/5 (300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4/5 (400+ reviews)
TimeClock Plus is a software solution that makes leave management and scheduling shifts convenient. It also lets you manage employee attendance and track their productivity.
- Quickly accept or reject leave requests from the same portal.
- Ensure project profitability by setting overtime thresholds.
- Track unattended shifts.
Price available on request.
- G2: 3.9/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (150+ reviews)
TSheets is a time and employee attendance tracking app designed for field teams. You can mark attendance easily when you’re on the go using its GPS functionality.
- Mobile time clock kiosk for in-house employees to clock in and clock out, submit timesheets, etc.
- Create schedules of shifts, jobs, and tasks.
- Overtime tracking for better project budgeting.
- Sends reminders for employees to clock in or out whenever they enter or leave a particular location.
This attendance app offers paid plans that start at $8/user per month along with a $20 base fee.
- G2: 4.5/5 (1300+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.7/5 (5000+ reviews)
Jibble is a cloud-based software that provides you with easy time, project, and employee attendance tracking features.
However, Jibble doesn’t provide attendance reports — this can make it challenging to analyze attendance data for employee performance management.
- Use facial recognition to prevent buddy punching.
- Track the location and work time of on-site employees using GPS.
- Use pin codes to clock in and clock out to reduce human errors.
The app offers a free plan for unlimited users. Its paid plans start at $2/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (40+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.8/5 (150+ reviews)
BambooHR is a time and attendance tracking app designed with small and medium businesses in mind.
It offers a centralized employee database, payroll management system, applicant tracking capabilities, absence management features, etc.
- Send leave requests from the mobile app.
- Employee self service options allow team members to edit their personal information themselves.
- Use the ‘Custom Access Levels’ feature to restrict employees from accessing company data.
Price available on request.
- G2: 4.3/5 (650+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.5/5 (1200+ reviews)
7. Zoho People
Zoho People helps you automate and simplify HRM (Human Resource Management) by tracking employees’ time and attendance.
- Employees can snap a picture to mark attendance.
- Geo-tracking feature allows employees to clock in from anywhere.
- Set break times of each shift, and classify them as payable or non-payable
Its paid plans start at $1/user per month and offer features like document management and leave tracking.
- G2: 4.3/5 (50+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.3/5 (150+ reviews)
ClockIt is a workforce management solution that helps businesses track employee time entries, attendance, and employee performance.
- Offers a physical biometric time clock for in-house employees.
- Punch in and out from work via the Slack integration.
- Calculate accruals for employee leaves, vacation, and PTO (Paid Time Off).
Its paid plan starts at $29 per month for up to ten users.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (50+ reviews)
DeskTime is an automatic time and employee attendance tracker that records employee time-off.
However, DeskTime offers limited integrations — which could force you to keep manually transferring data between your workplace tools and waste time.
- Set start and end times for shifts to manage employee work hours.
- Log vacation days, sick days, unpaid leaves, etc.
- Set a minimum time an employee should spend on the computer.
Desktime offers a free plan for single users. Its paid plans start at $7/user per month.
- G2: 4.6/5 (10+ reviews)
- Capterra: 4.4/5 (100+ reviews)
ADP Time And Attendance makes employee scheduling, timekeeping, and attendance management easy.
The app also integrates with tools like ADP Payroll, Workforce Now, and other ADP solutions. These integrations allow you to easily switch between apps and maintain a smooth workflow.
- Can adjust schedules instantly by tracking time entries and attendance.
- Maintains a record of different time offs such as sick leave, PTO, etc.
- Complies with all the US Department of Labor regulations.
Price available on request.
- G2: N/A
- Capterra: N/A
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Attendance Tracking Software?
Let’s look at how an attendance tracker can benefit your business:
1. Manage Remote and Off-Site Employees
An attendance tracker lets you track the attendance of remote and off-site employees by logging the time that they work. You can also record their time entries and assign them shifts.
Many attendance trackers also use GPS tracking to help you track the live location of off-site employees.
They can also help on-field employees by clocking in and out automatically and logging time when they enter their worksite.
Tracking attendance manually is expensive.
You’ll have to hire an additional HR employee solely to manage attendance and payroll. Additional expenses like office space, salaries, etc., will also cost you money.
An attendance tracker is cost-effective as you can save up on labor costs and money spent on other resources.
3. Compliance With Labor Laws
Attendance tracking software are designed to comply with the labor laws of the country and most company policies. This way, you can help employees adhere to the rules easily.
The attendance solution will also track the exact number of employees you hired and maintain records of their payments. These records will help your business deal with any legal issues that could arise.
Keeping a record of employees’ leave can be difficult for most companies.
Fortunately, software can help you simplify and streamline attendance tracking.
With an attendance tracking software, you can ensure that your employees are productive by tracking their attendance and generating reports.
Attendance tracking software like Time Doctor can help you track time and productivity to maximize employee performance with ease.
Sign up for Time Doctor’s 14-day free trial to see how employee attendance tracking can benefit your business!