5 Ways to Send Money to Offshore Workers That Are Cheaper than PayPal

At Time Doctor, we have a lot of customers who have employees/freelancers in other countries. One of the things we’re trying to do is to help our customers to find the lowest cost method to transfer money to those employees.

PayPal is one of the easiest ways to transfer money, but it’s often not the cheapest.

How much does it cost to send money via PayPal?

The cheapest legitimate transfer method on PayPal is “Mass Pay”.

This is an easy way to pay several people at once by uploading a CSV spreadsheet of all the payment amounts. The cost is usually 2% to a maximum of $20 for offshore payments. The maximum fee can vary based on the sending & receiving countries. You can see the fees for your countries using the form on the right side of this page. If you send payments on PayPal without using Mass Pay then the cost will be higher, at around 4%.

Also remember that for global payments PayPal also charges a currency conversion fee which is actually a hidden fee, but it often comes out to around 2.5%, and is a cost on top PayPal’s stated 2% fee.

There may also be some fees charged to your employees by their local banks when they withdraw the payments you’ve sent them.

So the total cost? Let’s look at an example: If you send $1,000 from the US to one employee in the Philippines,PayPal will charge 2% ($20), plus an extra approximately 2.5% ($25) for the currency conversion, so the total cost will be 4.5% ($45)

The reason I said the cheapest “legitimate” method of sending money via PayPal is that some people will pay employees through PayPal, but claim that they’re transferring the money to a friend or relative. In this case 2% or 4% fee is waived, however the hidden currency conversion fee is still there. This is against the PayPal terms of service and I imagine would be problematic when sending larger amounts of money.

Declaring that your transfer was to a friend or relative may also get you into hot water with your own tax authorities when you try to claim it as a business expense. We suggest always being honest & following the terms of service.
Find out more


List of Split Testing Tools for Online Businesses

So you’ve created a beautiful landing page.

You’ve stepped back and admired the page that you paid a few hundred bucks for. The page you planned and pondered in painstaking detail.

But whatever sense of pride and achievement you had felt evaporated as time went by and you realized that not many customers were signing up or buying what you’re selling. Staring at the mediocre results you were left wondering what went wrong: Was the button color wrong? Is your marketing blurb not catchy enough?  You’re just not sure.

This is why you should split test.

It’s the only way to know what works, what doesn’t, and to scientifically improve your conversion rate.

At Time Doctor, we do a lot of split testing ourselves. It’s only through split testing that we know for sure how the most important pages of our site should look and function.

If you’re going to test and measure you need the right tools. Here’s an analysis we did of some of the most popular split testing software available:
Find out more


The Simple Trick to Increase Sales Using Your Welcome Email

UX_tips

image source

Most of us simply ignore it.

The welcome email.

It’s the email you send to your readers as soon as they sign up for your list or your giveaway.
But most of the time, it’s a wasted contact.

Usually, the welcome email says something like:

Thanks for signing up. Here’s the free report you asked for. Let me know if I can help you with anything.”

It’s boring, and essentially useless. And so the welcome email is often the single most ignored part of your marketing effort.

Think about it. As marketers and business owners we spend hours writing guest posts. We spend thousands of dollars on our ads. And let’s not talk about all the time we spend making sure our landing pages are absolutely perfect.

We spend all of our time and money trying to get someone on our list, and when they finally opt in, we usually send some boring email along with a link to their giveaway.
Find out more


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23   Next Page »